Citizens Advice Bureau

Citizens Advice Bureau Employee Reviews

New Zealand13 reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

Good Volunteering Job Role. Citizen's Advice Bureau is an honorary volunteer job hence not applicable to mention.

Citizen's Advice Bureau is an honorary volunteer job hence not applicable to mention. My job role is to volunteer as a Branch Interviewer. I am responsible for empowering and providing appropriate information, which helps solve problems of all individuals, citizens on various topics like immigration, education, employment, financial matters, housing, legal issues, general, personal, family matters etc., basis analysis and research of updated information available on CABNET NZ. Interactions through email, phone and walk-in face to face.

Productive and fun

Working at CAB central branch in the Auckland City library has been enjoyable for me most days. It is interesting to meet and talk with people from different cultures across the world. The challenges I have had were to remain calm while having 'upset' or even 'difficult' clients. I have learned a lot from my manager and colleagues from how to serve a coffee for the office to manage a workshop. The working environment is so friendly. I still vividly remembered the touching goodbye gathering for my previous manager.

Informative

I can learn a lot, especially the government's policies when I work at Citizens Advice Bureau. The people are very friendly and nice. I love the working environment there

A Typical Day at work - Updating Board What you Learned - Work ethics Management - Structured Workplace Culture - Friendly The Hardest Part of Job - If any Weird inquiry comes in The Most Enjoyable Part of Job - Answering Clients, Meeting new people and interactions over inquiries

I learned to help others in need and found the position to be so full on that you should be paid to be in this kind of position, I was never unsatisfied in this area of work.

Excellent place and great staff

I've worked at Citizen Advice Bureau for almost two years. My employer trust in my ability to perform to a high standard, and to fulfill my contract, and to work independently. It can be physically demanding, due to do the high standards required. I learnt how to meet the high standards that I have to work towards. Management board are easy to communicate with, and I'v always felt listened to with any concerns that I might of had. This organizations is based on providing a service to the New Plymouth community. The culture is one of caring, giving, and going that extra mile for people who might need help. Maintaining a high standard is challenging but rewarding. The most rewarding part of my employment is knowing I'm part of a team that does so much for the New Plymouth community.

Pros

Great Staff

Citizen Advice Bureau

I have a lots of things as an interviewer. I met people from different nationalities. I got outstanding training by the company on various topics. The Chairperson, Manager and co- workers used to be friendly, co- operative and well mannered. The hardest part of my job were to explain the clients about the solution of the clients issues or problems. The most enjoyable part was reception duties, it was so easy and fun loving and to great the clients with lot of enthusiasm and smile.

Pros

Free lunch was awesome

Cons

7 hours

Absolutely great

I've enjoyed my time at Auckland Coop Taxi Society. Also at Citizen's Advice Bureau. There have been days where the work was extremely busy. Few times I have received compliments from customers with my amazing service. I had been very punctual and diligent worker. I've learned how to get engaged in conversation with customers. The hardest part of the job was when customers were a little drunk and give you hard time, but I've managed all the hard situations myself greatly. It was a very flexible job as you could choose your own time to work. But you don't get paid holidays or sick leaves.

Pros

Be your own boss

Cons

No pay holiday or sick leave

voluntary

enjoyed voluntary work at the Citizen's advice bureau...a great way to interact, help and to empower people and the community by providing the services needed or to direct them to specific services they needed. by volunteering here, it led me to Unitec and completing a degree in Bachelor of Social Practice.

Pros

working with the people

Cons

english not people's first language

This job is very fun

I loved working at this job because it was helping others and that I get too interact with others as well. And in there situations and also being there as a guideline to where they were struggling, either with food, money or consumer act as well..

Pros

Free lunch was awesome

Cons

7 hours

Productive and balanced workplace

I have learned lots of things as an Interviewer. I met people from different nationalities. I got outstanding training by the company on various topics. The Chairperson, Manager and co- workers used to be friendly, co-operative and well mannered. The hardest part of my job were to explain the clients about the solution of the clients issues or problems. The most enjoyable part was reception duties, It was so easy and fun loving and to greet the clients with lots of enthusiasm and smile.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Same kind of work every day

Fun workplace and also help Mangere Community

I worked two days a week, enjoyable part of the job when I meet different people and different cultures.. I love my job because I learned how to work with different peoples and also to help people in our community. I love my colleagues they are friendly and so helpful

Pros

free lunches

great place to work

everyday is different, I work with all european who are retired and old, but everyday I learn more and more about the poverty in our community and what people are struggling with on a day to day basis.

Pros

multicultural

Cons

no young people working with me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Advice Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Citizens Advice Bureau