City Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City Care Employee Reviews

Nice work place
He was a great experience for me . First experience of construction in new Zealand. The manager was really good and also the team .
Lot of free lunch and really good work atmosphere .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Fun work place
Day starts from the site where we pick you vehicle for litter collection in parks and City council areas.
After the briefing from the supervisor you hit the road.
Fun Workplace
Friendly supervisor whos always understanding and helpful if we have any questions.
Would really love to work with them if given another opportunity ,2 weeks is too short to work with such amazing people.
Disatisfied employees. High worker turnover
Old school management. Micro managing. Bullying. You and them mentality. Your just a number. Low pay. No pay rises for many many years. Highest industry employee turnover.
Pros
Cons
Watch your back.
Interesting job
Weed eater, blower, spraying, and cruising around the City in many park or revegetation area. You have to collect the litter, and try to keep gardens tidy.
Pros
Public holliday pay
Cons
60 hours week
Challenging but gained experience
Typical day meeting demands of project. Learnt that team work is effective to ensure project success. Didn't always appreciate management for their lack to support staff in a work capacity. Workplace culture was not ideal but personal project team culture was extraordinary. Hardest part of job was dealing with daily challenges of complex project. Enjoyable part of job was working with the project team.
Pros
Catch up with project team
Cons
long work hours to catch up on a failing project
The management side of things can take a toll on us ground workers at times. this includes poor time management and lack of job preparation, which leaves us workers looking like the slack guys
Pros
Pay bonuses and good work hours
it was really a very lovely experience .keen to work with them moreover people are very friendly in nature and helping staff as well.
i am very lucky to work with the city cleaner service.it was really very experienced to me moreover everyone has a helping nature.never forget in my whole life.
thank you very much.

kaljeet
Pros
free fuites
Great company, values employees
City Care is a great company that values it's employees and welcomes input from employees. Relatively flat management structure allows for employees to feel their work is of value.

The people who work for City Care are the difference - the company attracts hard-working individuals who are then able to contribute to City Cares 'One Team'
Family oriented and strong in Health and safety
Lots of driving in the Van, which i liked, because I covered the whole of Rodney district. My day ranged from doing Toilet cleaning to Graffiti removal. I often got called away to do CR's = custumer request. which was very willing to do. Management were very good to work with. Mind you if you do your job properly and on time, they treated you very well. The hardest part of the Job was removing Graffiti one day and it was back there the next day. You just had to be on top of it.otherwise it could get you down. The most enjoyable part was being able to work as a team and help each other out to get the Jobs all done. And also the finished results after the jobs always look good. My co workers were also very hard working and easy to get on with.
Pros
taking the van home, overtime, great pay. courses.
Cons
lost the contract