Columbus Coffee
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Columbus Coffee Employee Reviews

Good place to work at. Need to be really skilled, good presentable work. Sub-standard work is not tolerated. Management is nice but strict for quality.
its been more than 4 years at same place working for my experiences its awsome to work here, am still working there,nice environment,friendly owners and nice customers in ellerslie
Very fast paced and high stress environment, lots of hands on work and working with customers. The staff were very hard working and loved being there most days.
I learned new skills and stepped up a level in my career. Before i started at Columbus Coffee i was just a barista, once i started at Columbus Coffee i continued learning more about coffee, became the head barista and assistant manager and learned even more skills and knowledge
Columbus Coffee had a relaxed and fun environment. The staff were always fun to be around and uplifting people. It was fast paced but never overwhelming.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
heat in the kitchen
Over- emphasises on unecessary aspects such as insisting on never talking between coworkers; chef/owner lovely at most times: usually offering free meals but pay rises uncommon.
Spent time alternating between being on the till, preparing and serving food, clearing tables, dishwashing and cleaning. Decent workplace culture. The hardest part was during lunch time when it was busiest.
Good job but hours have been reduced. Like working with people there. Enjoy serving customers and seeing regular customers. Wish I had more flexibility with hours
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
- Fun co-workers - Learned to juggle multiple tasks, always be clean and organized - Fun Team Environment - Constant Interaction with customers - Hectic during Holidays
I really enjoyed working here, though because i was just starting out the employer didn't really give me enough time to get my head around everything and got frustrated with me very easily. The chefs were great, especially the head chef. She thought me so much and was patient and understanding. Enjoyed working there but didn't really like how the staff treated me.
Pros
great food
Cons
other staff
It is a good environment to work in. With the nice music, welcoming staff and great food all around you! I learned a lot about customer service and about waitressing as well.
Pros
Free muffins and amazing discounts
love working in the hospitality industry, but do not feel appreciated working for Columbus with having 7 years experience. also something needs to be done about the management, it does not run smoothly and most employees are not happy with how they are being treated.
Pros
half price
Cons
bad managment
Learning a lot of new things and meeting great co-worker Love Coffee!