Communication Service for the Deaf
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Communication Service for the Deaf Employee Reviews for Agent

Agent6 reviews
It's a fine place to work as long as you're willing to sit for a long time and listen to fairly boring conversations. Not a bad job, but long-term I would consider something else.
Ghettoest job ever, hire anything with a pulse... the raises are a joke, and even though there’s a “dress code policy” they’re too afraid to correct people who come to work with bonnets and pajamas on. Meanwhile they (Management) are casket sharp when big wigs come visit. THEN to top it all off stupid efficiency rules keep you from emptying your bladder and having an actual break. 😂 just run the other way.
Great place to work, Very rewarding job. I spent 6 years of my life there, and would have loved to continue working there but we moved. I would definitely suggest this company to anyone looking for a job!
They treat their employees well- suspiciously well considering they hire just about anyone who has an elementary school typing speed. Its boring and monotonous but great time spent if you're an avid reader. The only reason they can afford 6mo raises and health insurance after 3 for an unskilled employee base is because they systematically terminate employees over time. The only employees who last longer than 4-8 months there are the 10 or so people who are willing to advance to management. The turnover rate is extremely high and the primary mechanism in place to push older employees out is the rigorous and unyielding tardiness point system.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
capitalist hellscape
The job is super easy once you get past the learning curve. You are micromanaged down to the minute, so your 15 min break or 30 min lunch break starts the second you log out of your computer. They kick you off the computer when your scheduled time is up but expect you to stay efficient with your timing, so don’t take bathroom breaks. They drag you away from your computer to tell you your score on a monitor and then you’re short a couple minutes of efficiency. They over staff on all holidays even though those are always the slowest days. You will work every single holiday, you are not allowed to ask for them off, it’s like they expect their staff to not take vacations. Every time off request I submitted that weren’t holidays were denied with no reason given. Upon turning in my two weeks notice I was told I would receive an email for an exit interview, I requested an in person exit interview and neither one happened. They have a very high turnover rate and don’t seem bothered by it. Seems like it’s designed that way on purpose. If you need something temporary, go for it but keep looking elsewhere. And the bathrooms are gross, huge gaps in the stalls so you can see everyone doing their business.
Pros
Easy job, can read in between calls
Cons
No scheduled time off, work every holiday, breaks are a joke, bathroom is terrible
I worked as a Spanish agent and it was actually amazing. The coworkers are great and so was the pay and hours. Only down side is that it’s hard to change your work preference hours. But overall a great place to work, had I not had to leave do to personal reasons I would still be there
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Hard to change time preference
Official response from Communication Service for the Deaf
11 September 2018
We are happy to hear that this position was such a great fit for you. Thank you for taking such good care of our customers!