Communication Service for the Deaf
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Communication Service for the Deaf Employee Reviews for Operator

Operator6 reviews
If you can type over 70 wpm then you are golden. You get your own locker, can sit at any vestibule, and some of the time crochet at your desk or do a word puzzle or even color while waiting for calls.
I enjoyed the days I spent there: 18 years. I had good friends there and learned a lot about people skills. I was quiet at first. The people were kind to me. It is constant typing which I enjoyed. We got breaks every two hours. There were a lot of meal celebrations on some holidays. Good pay for working certain holidays.
CSD was a great workplace! There was a great culture of friendship and communication, with the biggest drawback being the low-pay. However, if I could afford it I would gladly go back.
Typical day at work would include taking calls as they come in no interaction with customers. I learned how to be alert to callers and to have very good listening and verbal communication. The management was changing often but feel did ok with what interaction I had. Hardest part was hearing difficult conversations day in and out.
This place is a joke. Not appreciated by management or the deaf community. Always changes taking place and not for the better, without informing employees. Any paltry perks constantly being taken away. Management always looking for what you are doing wrong, never right.
Pros
Anything pro has been taken away from the employees.
Cons
Stated in summary
now, im all for helping the deaf. Im a former employee that learned first hand that this place is to be avoided at all costs and that is thanks to its sad excuse for a management team. Its all "he said, she said" with this company and never any straight answers. I valued this job immensely, but the VERY low pay rate and seeing myself and other coworkers being treated like toddlers is just too much. No advancement opportunities and technology is horribly outdated. Basically, CSD is a big sinking ship thanks in part to texting, email that make communication for the deaf more convenient, but also the fact that the turnover rate is appalling. And THAT is thanks to being made to feel expendable and useless by "management"
Pros
solitary work spaces
Cons
payrate, management, policies... etc etc