Contact Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Contact Energy Employee Reviews

Comfortable work place
Supervisors are generally friendly and helpful with new staff. The company ensures that you have all the facilities to work as best as possible and is always concerned about your satisfaction as an employee.
Don't work here.
Company culture is one of finger pointing, shaming and blaming. "Us vs Them" attitude, childish. They turn what would otherwise be a fun job with a fun group of intelligent professionals into a stress filled hole. Backstabbing, gossiping and cliquish behavior is the norm with upper and middle management. Work with another company that actually cherishes their employees.
Opportunities & Recognition
Great team environment working with very helpful people and was given many opportunities to move up in the company.

Team leaders were excellent and was always overtime on offer which was convenient so I could save for moving overseas.
Pros
Friendly environment
good place
Focused company, good experience, liked working at the company, very positive company, good work life balance, very competitive environment, forward thinking.
Inclusive culture, very good remuneration.
Great company to work for, could benefit by taking out a layer of management and given customer facing managers more empowerment in decision making.
Tendency to restructure customer facing roles to the point that customers are negatively affected by reduced service levels.
Pros
Great benefits - discounted power, medical insurance. Well remunerated
Cons
Too many high level managers
Very supportive environment to work in with the ability to upskill and develop your skills. The workplace culture is something I haven't experienced before. Good incentives.
Excellent culture
Contact Energy were a great employer and I learned and developed many skills in my various roles.
Unfortunately, my team were made redundant in June.
Hard working
My job was foreign currency based I had great support to achieve the desired outcome. People were great.

The company location was fantastic close to Rail, buses and shops should you need them.
Fairly good to work for.
Contact Energy can be a great place to work for if you have limited career aspirations.
Once you become skilled in the call centre duties there can then be limited opportunities for advancement.

They can be great at helping if you put your hand up however they can also be very pushy on stats and performance.

You deal with a large number of calls and need to think quickly on calls.
no comment
I am not able to offer an opinion due to a confidentiality agreement.
Most of my co workers were great to work with. I wish them luck in there future endevours
Working with Contact energy is really a great experience
Its been pleasure working with Contact Energy. I learned many things and the work culture is very healthy and everyone is very dedicated towards work.
Productive and fun workplace
It's a great learning experience working here. A typical day at work is quite busy and productive. Contact has helped me growing personally and professionally. Have got the best co-workers working with me. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with the fun-loving people here.
Productive and fun Workplace
This was a relatively new team put together to recover $30,000000.00 of written off power due to many unbilled properties being used by companies that had not signed into their particular place of business.

Working within this team I gained extremely good negotiation skills especially as we had to convince the business that the unbilled power was their responsibility. Once this had been accepted we then had to convince the company to sign up with us in order for them to start paying the power used.
Pros
35% Discount on Power
Cons
Lunch time was 1 hour - too long
Productive workplace
It was great to learn new skills to become an efficient operator within this company, and to refresh my customer service skills after a period of being unemployed.
A great place to work - Friendly people and nice benifits. The company is really well structured and your ideas and thoughts are always respected. I really enjoyed my time at Contact Energy.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
A bit too health and safety conscience for an office job
A decent job with great upward mobility
Since I came in when the company was changing from an old system to a new system for storing customer information, each day was a learning experience. Lots of teamwork was required to solve problems and appease customers.
Short term contract
PROJECT Construction short term contract steam field 2 energy wells and pipe line and facilities construction Project team worked well together complimenting talent
Energetic environment with different cultures to interact with
I enjoyed the mixing with different cultures and developing stakeholders relationships and co-worker relationships.