Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Love the job and some of the staff, management ok to talk to but talking went in one ear out the other. Meet alot of different nationalities some interesting stories that they have and places they ha e been
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Lovely staff easy to talk to with everyone. Morning shift not as busy but some days could be. Self packing check the expire dates and check if nothing is broken.
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
Easy hours
A great place to work met alot of great people co-workers & customers. Had I not have moved I'd still have been apart of the team if I got the choice to work there again I would.
Pros
Staff discounts.
I have been working with countdown around 8-9 months.i feel amazing working with team.There was always something new to learn.vety helpful and supportive people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I wish I could have stayed on longer, as I was having a good time and getting to know my fellow co-workers. Other than that, it was rather straightforward. When customers came up to my till or asked me questions about where to find something, I was always happy to help out and serve them to the best of my ability.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, good hours, straightfoward
Cons
Lack of time to get to know my coworkers
I want to work in countdown super market because it's a very good company, and I show the stuff are enjoy during their duty time to serve the customer.
Good environment and friendly staff. Gain more knowledge about customer service. Great specials and deals weekly . Fast and friendly service. Always helpful
I have worked at Countdown Claudelands for 1 year and 3 months, Overall hands on and fun experience working here. Over the time working at Countdown I have learned multiple on going tasks daily and overall the experience was enjoyable.
Working at Countdown is fun for a first time job or a part time job and especially if your young. It's fun meeting new people everyday standing at the checkouts, you get to see alot of action and alot of fun and cheerful things. The coworkers at Manurewa countdown were so easy to get along with and I would recommend it to any easy going, friendly, bubbly person.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Countdown NZ Supermarkets?
I worked at the airport Countdown through school every Friday, I did not get paid for doing this but got NCEA level 2 credits instead. I worked for a job experience and learned a lot while being there. They have a great cultural workplace and are very friendly with customers. I learned time management as well as staying on my feet throughout the day. A typical day would be really busy stocking new products and throwing out old ones but its part of the job and isn't too bad.
It was fun working at cowntdown supermarket as i was supervisor i really enjoyed working with them good payrates nd my job was really very well over there
Pros
Good payrates
Cons
Stressful
i am grateful and thankful for the opportunity i receive to work learn and grow in my career at countdown.i would recommend young people to work for countdown to learn the culture and enviornment.
very on and off. in this job it is very productive and hard at times but it is a very good first job. it is also a great job to meet new people and make new mates.
the people that are employed there at countdown Hastings are just wonderful, loved working with such energtic and family orientated group of people. Management could be better than other that it was a great place to work.
Fast paced, standing for long periods of time in one spot is hard. Customer/staff interaction is good. Patience and a good sense of humour is definitely needed
You will come across of a lot of upset customers, so as a supervisor I will be their first person to contact. I had no problem with sorting out disputes because I believe I have the patience for it.
Its has been with very mixed emotions that I have had to give up my job due to my move. Not something I wanted to do but had to be done. I had hoped to stay with the company but it doesn't look like that will happen. I have enjoyed my time working with countdown for the past 33yrs. I have meet so many people across my time here and made alot of friends. The last 3yrs have been the best working as a Masterdata specialist.
The most enjoyable thing about working with Countdown is meeting new people from all backgrounds and making life-long friendships with employees from all departments within the supermarket.
Countdown is a good and fair company to work for countdown have a good work environment nice staff members always give good instructions and always give you a fair go
Good bosses , good staff , happy environment , free breakfast provided , free tea and coffee get together at lunch ,milestone celebration with gift and lunch for staff
Tiring and difficult working environment, hard labor. Generally, good people to work with but the overall workload is quite excessive compared to other places of work.