Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

A good/fun store to work in.

18 November 2019
A good family/ team environment to work in. My store was very supportive when family matters came up, or sickness. A fun team to work with as well. Hardest part of job was a lack of staff even after endless attempts were made to area management. Some staff were put under enormous pressure resulting with them having to leave. Staff were employed to do a couple of tasks but would be expected to carry out up to 5 in one day.
1 October 2020
Same role
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) - Te Aroha, Waikato
A great place to work met alot of great people co-workers & customers. Had I not have moved I'd still have been apart of the team if I got the choice to work there again I would.
Pros
Staff discounts.
20 August 2020
Same role
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
I have been working with countdown around 8-9 months.i feel amazing working with team.There was always something new to learn.vety helpful and supportive people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
4 March 2017
Same roleSame location
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) - Rangiora, Canterbury
There was no typical day working at a supermarket. Everyday started at a different time. I learned how to deal with people who were difficult to serve and had no idea how to treat the operator who was serving them. The management of the company I suppose was fine as I don't have anywhere else in a similar position to compare them with. All the staff were friendly towards each other and we got on well. I suppose the most difficult part of the job was determining the age of the younger customers who were buying alcohol and tobacco. The most enjoyable part would be talking and serving customers who we got to know and treated us with respect.
Pros
5% discount on our groceries with the occasional day at 10%
Cons
On feet all day and low wages.