Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

A very Friendly team . good atmosphere.

I have been working with countdown around 8-9 months.i feel amazing working with team.There was always something new to learn.vety helpful and supportive people.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Same role

Average Experience

Worked for Countdown NZ for almost 2 years in the checkouts department and my experience was kind of average. I was always allocated to stay on checkouts and rarely ever got a chance to do other duties and if I did closing shifts I had to stay open on checkout while my supervisors stayed at self checkouts and refused to open another lane to ease the congestion.Pros - It's good if you're a student or someone who wants to work flexible hours- Having the ability to transition into a supervisors role and get your ASL- Being able to work in other department if you wanted to, for example: deli, seafood or chilled foods.- Staff discount- Free parkingCons- Terrible management- SupervisorsAlways give breaks early to try and get it over with, they are rude especially if you make mistakes - instead of correcting the situation they make you feel like rubbish and they hardly ever rotate staff to ensure they're doing other duties. Mostly being kept at checkouts scanning.- Poor pay, I was getting below minimum wage.

Pros

Staff discount, flexible hours, ability to pick up available shifts

Cons

Terrible management, unsupportive supervisors, terrible pay.
Same role

Fun work, your shifts go really fast!

At time’s it’s pretty fast passed at checkout and can be stressful, a little bit of stress is healthy. I find my team great to work with, they are very patient and understanding. It’s a great work atmosphere! I’ve been there 9 month’s now and enjoy my shifts.
Same location

Family work place

Countdown can be a place where when you’re working it becomes like a family environment. Everyone’s nice to each other, helps each other etc. i didn’t have a good experience before but looking back the people I was working with and bump into when I do my shopping are those who make the workplace a place that’s worth coming to work in. Just a bundle of positive energy from certain people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • A very Friendly team . good atmosphere.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?