Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Can be very "high school"

25 October 2019
In my own experience working for Countdown there is a bullying nature that starts from management and works its way down. If you are not seen as one of the clique then there is no advancement for you especially if that was promised. Those promises are a way to keep you there and never fulfilling your own personal goals.
14 August 2018
Checkout Position/ Customer Service (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
A day's work contained support from the team members throughout the whole store, especially during peak hours. As a checkout operator, checkouts is a prioritised department during peak hours and every time we were overwhelmed with customers we were backed up by most of the store employees. The management team did what they can and ensure that we were working in the most efficient way while make sure we were fine to work. Overall Countdown provided experience that would be essential for future work.
Pros
Lovely team work
Cons
Shift times were unclear sometimes
12 June 2018
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Auckland
It was really good for me since it was my first job and they provide us good training and work experience. People are so friendly and helpful when I struggle or lost.
Pros
Get discount when you do your shopping
Cons
40 hours / week
10 January 2018
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) - Mangere, Auckland
Good workplace great food based environment. Work based section has some faults but team work is needed to succeed to let the company move forward with better references.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Workers constantly being pressured to come to work without enough off days