Countdown NZ Supermarkets logo
Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

CCS, farming and care assistant positions

In all employment undertaken I have acheived a high standard of outcomes, whether that is working as a supervisor or crew member. One of the most challenging tasks I have faced was during my employment with CCS, this involved advocating for more vulnerable members of the community ensuring they receive all entitlments from services, at times I would have to push boundries but not breach them. I discovered that there is alot of flexibilty in the NZ social development and health systems if you are willing to speak up, this was a very rewarding postion holistically.

Pros

Meeting new people and absorbing skills that others were willing to share

Cons

A mentally fast paced postion, that requires the recognition of personal down time, that sometimes would sneek up on you.

Same role

Can be very "high school"

In my own experience working for Countdown there is a bullying nature that starts from management and works its way down. If you are not seen as one of the clique then there is no advancement for you especially if that was promised. Those promises are a way to keep you there and never fulfilling your own personal goals.
Same role

Productive and easy-going workplace

A day's work contained support from the team members throughout the whole store, especially during peak hours. As a checkout operator, checkouts is a prioritised department during peak hours and every time we were overwhelmed with customers we were backed up by most of the store employees. The management team did what they can and ensure that we were working in the most efficient way while make sure we were fine to work. Overall Countdown provided experience that would be essential for future work.

Pros

Lovely team work

Cons

Shift times were unclear sometimes
Same location

Fun, nice people

Loved my experience there. would go back if needed. Lovely staff and very easy some days but some days are obviously going to be harder than others. 8/10 experience

Cons

long hours some days when busy / up to 12 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • CCS, farming and care assistant positions