Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Decent pay for stacking shelves

Stacking shelves is a fairly easy and stress-free job. My coworkers are nice and helpful, although management is a different story. My manager has a tendency to exhibit rude and unforgiving behaviour towards their underlings. Pay is just above minimum wage, which, for the job, is pretty fair. My typical work day is long and monotonous, although I go home knowing that I have been productive. There are long (15 and 30 minute) breaks, although they are quite limited for the amount of time spent working. The hardest part of the job is the treatment by management (at least for me), and the most enjoyable is the job itself. As far as a high school job or basic part-time job goes, being a Longlife Assistant at Countdown is pretty decent (if you have the resilience to deal with management).

Pros

Long breaks, somewhat casual

Cons

Long hours, understaffing, rude management

Same role

Productive and keeps you busy.

A job I never wanted to leave. If you have a strong mindset to do the work and go home, then you’re already winning. Bonus: the people you work with (depending where you’re situated) was the best thing. The support you get is unreal, you’ll feel like you never want to leave. Know your co-workers, get a long and communication goes a long way in this company. Maybe a bit political - but opinions can vary at some point. It’s just the best.

Pros

- Co-workers got your back, Paid well, No stress, Relaxing, Building experiences, Learn different things or different roles
Same role

Stressful and negative work environment

Managers are quick to bite your head off when you make a mistake and most of our staff are feeling like they would rather leave than bring up how we are being treated to higher management. They run it like the army when most of our staff are teenagers wanting to make some money who are not going to work here long term.

Productive and good place

I joined this company in November 2021. And I found it is a good place for starting a job in New Zealand. Currently, I am a student and doing part-time there. So it is a pretty good experience working there. The colleagues are supportive and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • Decent pay for stacking shelves
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?