Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Fun

Good environment and People, very welcoming. Kept me busy and on my feet. Helped out in the bakery, storage room, meat room, and doing general duties,

Same location

Productive workplace

Very welcoming and nice people. Learned valuable life skills in negotiating and how to deal with different types of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, but was worth it!
Same location

Not good for too hardworking employees

Hardworking employees don't matter to them. They are more like talking and gossiping not doing their job, especially in Papatoetoe branch. Heard employees there and I think there are two ladies has been harassed. The store manager did respond professionally but most of their employees are irresponsible and do nothing but talking and cursing a lot. Not recommend to work there if you are too hardworking - they will bully you. Not talk too much too focusing on work - they will still snub and bullying you. Late is normal to them. Very disappointed to work there.

Pros

free food, good salary

Cons

ignoring hardworking employees and harassment cases.

Always taken advantage of

Management refuse to hire new staff. Started with a large team but eventually everyone left to find somewhere better to work. Those who were still working there get taken advantage of and pressured to work even after saying no. Countdown do not value their staff. Management would always tell on you for the most minor reasons and put you down. Had several meetings organised by management bringing the team together saying we weren't performing well enough during peak Christmas time, where in fact we were, only for them to be sitting in the office on their phones doing absolutely nothing. Benefits and job advancement are non existent. Horrible place to work. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

Sometimes decent staff

Cons

Not valued, long hours, understaffed, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets