Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

good fun and learn lots

18 March 2018
it's good fun and enjoyable work place and all manger are supportive as i was fresh in this department and still i run this department very smooth and achieved all sale and health and safety target
8 March 2017
Same role
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) - Greenlane, Auckland
It was fun working at greenlane countdown despite working late hours I found it a good environment to work in as all the staff were cooperative, and I had no trouble keeping up with my daily tasks.
Pros
alot less customers since it was nightshift
Cons
Long Hours
9 November 2016
Same role
Perishabes Manager (Current Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
I love the work, but over the years it's been getting harder and and less staff to with or to help.
Co-workers i've worked with are very polite and loving.

Everyday is always a challenge for myself as i run the second biggest department in a supermarket and only me, as for other departments they have 2 or more. The hardest thing is to try and do our daily routines and extra when you only have 9 hours, but i always stay back to try and finish, but it just drains me out, especially if i have to go and pick my daughter etc.

I love the people i work along side and our day to day customers even our locals. Always an honor to serve them.

Management needs alot of work, but most of them are really good to work with.

I've learned alot from this job from the day i started till now and still learning.
Pros
Special events
Cons
very long hours
2 February 2020
Same location
Checkout assistant (Former Employee) - Browns Bay, Auckland
You really feel supported being a part of this team. The customers are usually friendly and you start to recognise the locals. Breaks were regular and there were always a large variety of lunch options to either buy in store, or walk up to the staff room and be treated to donuts, coffee and chips, etc.