Countdown NZ Supermarkets
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Good if your desperate for a job, otherwise I wouldn't recommend.

Good staff to work with, friendly and helpful. Fairly unorganized company overall, stressful place to work if you like structure and routine. Hours can change from week to week.

Same role

Terrible place to work

Working the the deli was like being back in high school. Favouritism, no positive reinforcement and management that breaks conduct. I worked there for a year I was shocked by the rudeness of the deli management and the levels of wastage produced everyday. We had the option to donate left over food on our scanners not once was it used. Not even for the fresh made sandwiches that got thrown out every night, because no one wanted to pay full price for them after they stopped reducing them. Because they were losing money, Countdown really doesn’t care about its employees.

Pros

Cons

Bad Management, Ridiculous workloads and little to no benefits other than 5% off shopping
Same role

Easy

Lovely staff easy to talk to with everyone. Morning shift not as busy but some days could be. Self packing check the expire dates and check if nothing is broken.

Pros

Nothing free

Cons

Easy hours
Same location

Toxic and Unpleasant work environment

Countdown Warkworth was the worst place I have ever worked at. Toxic culture created by the management including subtle encourage of bullying by the store manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • Good if your desperate for a job, otherwise I wouldn't recommend.