Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

It is a really best platform for learning something and i'm enjoying my work

I always want to be bright future in this company. The main reason behind my enjoyment is the management of company and i'm learning new things every single day. All staff members of my store are very friendly and helpful.

Same location

Productive and keeps you busy.

A job I never wanted to leave. If you have a strong mindset to do the work and go home, then you’re already winning. Bonus: the people you work with (depending where you’re situated) was the best thing. The support you get is unreal, you’ll feel like you never want to leave. Know your co-workers, get a long and communication goes a long way in this company. Maybe a bit political - but opinions can vary at some point. It’s just the best.

Pros

- Co-workers got your back, Paid well, No stress, Relaxing, Building experiences, Learn different things or different roles

Fun but stressful

The people/ team definitely make the workplace a lot morebearable. The pay is good enough to meet current living cost but could be more especially for nightf-fill team (seeing as we work odd hours).My issue is with management. There is no appreciation of what is done during the night by the night staff. You can definitely progress to the top but you wouldn't want to in this company unless you have a strong mindset and you don't want to have a social life.Its a great place to get started but then I would recommend just doing your contracted hours. You give them an inch they take a mile. Very high expectations with very little training. You get thrown into the deep end and you are expected to learn fast on your feet so then you can work more hours so to avoid hiring more people.
Same location

Fun, family feel, supportive, can be stressful, not enough pay

I've been working here almost 10 years now and would say it can be good, the people you work with make the working environment great, it sometimes can get very stressful and fast paced, some Countdowns are too clicky and can definitely have a bad impact on the working environment with favouritism etc. The pros are the staff discounts, you can have some fun at work and I think it's a great way to learn people skills and customer service, You are able to move up if you are wanting to work your way up as there's a decent amount of opportunities. Can have a lot of issues with staffing and can lead to being overworked- especially working during lockdowns etc it gets very hectic, on the other side they can be very flexible with after school care or appointments you need to attend to and can work around you if needed.

Pros

staff discount, flexible, fun, meet new people, learn new skills

Cons

Staffing, Management can be Clicky, Sometimes not enough training is given, Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • It is a really best platform for learning something and i'm enjoying my work
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?