Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

It was fun to work in northcote

Everyday was a learning experience, had worked in chill department and later on moved to sea food. enjoyed my time in northcote countdown. but i loved the time i spent in johnsonville countdown it was my most memorable experience.

Same role

Terrible place to work

Working the the deli was like being back in high school. Favouritism, no positive reinforcement and management that breaks conduct. I worked there for a year I was shocked by the rudeness of the deli management and the levels of wastage produced everyday. We had the option to donate left over food on our scanners not once was it used. Not even for the fresh made sandwiches that got thrown out every night, because no one wanted to pay full price for them after they stopped reducing them. Because they were losing money, Countdown really doesn’t care about its employees.

Pros

Cons

Bad Management, Ridiculous workloads and little to no benefits other than 5% off shopping
Same role

Easy

Lovely staff easy to talk to with everyone. Morning shift not as busy but some days could be. Self packing check the expire dates and check if nothing is broken.

Pros

Nothing free

Cons

Easy hours
Same location

Countdown working environment

The task as a checkout supervisor in Countdown, I'm responsibility to run the shift with minimum of 4 staffs and 12 staffs the max. I am responsibility of make sure all the staffs are provide great customer service to customers. When there is any mistake of price or any other issue of the products, it is my job to make sure give customer the correct products, and any refunds with refund policy. It is also my responsibility to authorized the sales of alcohol to customer.From this position, I have learned how to deal with different kind of customers with different way. I have become more independent when some difficult customer. There is always customers that had intoxicated or without their ID and trying to purchase alcohol. When I refused to sell alcohol to them, some of customers will abuse with offense language, or physical. And I have learned to manage to deal with them with professional and polite way. I also have learned how to finish my task in efficient way, sometime, I had tried have short staffs working during the peak hours, and I always manage to deal with the peak hours with short staff with most customers are satisfy with the service.The most enjoyable part of the job is I'm able to work with the team with fun and team work. My co-workers always willing to help when I needed them, we always helping each others. Also, I'm enjoy the moment with regular customers, it just made me feel like im belong the company, and that place.

Pros

5% staff discount with any purchase except cigarette and also dicksmiith, christmas lunch

Cons

hard to control while is peak hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • It was fun to work in northcote