Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Overly worked for low income

11 September 2017
This job is underpayed and not looked at enough, the amount of work that needs to be done under a deadline does not add up to the amount that you should of been payed, a lot of the time we only had 3 people to work the whole shop and management still required us to finish the load and to face up as well with vigorous loads, I don't know if this comes down to poor management or just pure laziness but this is a huge roll that needs to be recognised.
Pros
Can't say any
Cons
Not payed enough for the amount of work done
16 June 2020
Same role
Nightfill Assistant (Former Employee) - Kilbirnie, Wellington
Good service excellent team they are very helpful with Costomer service the workers they smile all the time and so friendly It’s easy for me to go shopping it’s close to my place l just walk 5 minutes to the shop. Countdown they have a good products
Pros
Costomer
Cons
Costomer
8 June 2020
Same role
Nightfill Assistant (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
I have worked at Countdown Claudelands for 1 year and 3 months, Overall hands on and fun experience working here. Over the time working at Countdown I have learned multiple on going tasks daily and overall the experience was enjoyable.
26 March 2021
Same location
Longlife management (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Started as a alright job but each year just gets harder and harder. With hours being cut regularly your just expected to do more to cover it. They say safety is first but neglect the fact that reducing team makes it harder to remain safe. Polices get changed back and forth all depending on what manager you talk to.
Pros
Some stores put on free lunches everynow and then.
Cons
Expected to work like a slave and give up any free time on there whim.