Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Positive and compatitive workplce

28 June 2020
Its great working at countdown Meadowlands but its been too long over there, so need bit of change to grow more and achieve my goals. Made too many good friends, but need get out of my comfort Zone.
Pros
Free Fruits, Tv, coffee and bread
Cons
Cant see my growth as nobody is leaving
28 May 2017
Same role
Freshfood supervisor (Current Employee) - Auckland
Workplace nd people are amazing. Management isnt that bad but so unorganised everything done last minute. Pay rates less than what we get payed. Customers make your day.
Cons
Less hours
27 May 2013
Same role
chilled foods manager (Former Employee) - mangere east,new zealand
when i first started in this industry i started as are check out operator,as the years went by i worked hard to making my way to department manager it took alot of commitment,dedication, and time what i want to do is carry on my journey in the retail industry,hoping one day i become store manager,maybe area manager my goal is to suceed in life for are better future for my 3 children.
Pros
very outgoing enviroment, meeting and greeting new people
Cons
hard work, dedication, commitment, effort
18 May 2021
Long Life (Former Employee) - Bay of Plenty
Easy flowing job, Good Diverse range of people, can be stressful if you let it. Would not recommend working at countdown if you want to be valued. You always are treated like a piece of dirt by store management & regional management. No growth within the company unless the store management take a liking to you and you do a lot of greasing up to them. They really don’t care about there staff only they’re “customers” and profit margins.
  1. Positive and compatitive workplce