Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Productive and easy-going workplace

A day's work contained support from the team members throughout the whole store, especially during peak hours. As a checkout operator, checkouts is a prioritised department during peak hours and every time we were overwhelmed with customers we were backed up by most of the store employees. The management team did what they can and ensure that we were working in the most efficient way while make sure we were fine to work. Overall Countdown provided experience that would be essential for future work.

Pros

Lovely team work

Cons

Shift times were unclear sometimes

Same role

Can be very "high school"

In my own experience working for Countdown there is a bullying nature that starts from management and works its way down. If you are not seen as one of the clique then there is no advancement for you especially if that was promised. Those promises are a way to keep you there and never fulfilling your own personal goals.
Same role

Good punch of people and environment

It was really good for me since it was my first job and they provide us good training and work experience. People are so friendly and helpful when I struggle or lost.

Pros

Get discount when you do your shopping

Cons

40 hours / week
Same location

Good teammates

The team and the management was amazing. It is a fun place to work, everybody was very helpful. The work is fast -paced so need to learn to be fast as soon as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets