Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace

My typical day of being an online assistant at Countdown was i would clock in and get my trolley ready get my crates and print out my order label and get my scanner gun and then go collect the items for the order and pack and label the bags as follows chiller, frozen and grocery. Then print an invoice for the order and put them in the crate ready for delievery or pick up.

Pros

Challenging job have to hit targets

Same role

Poor management

A typical shift will be unloading a lot of pallets having to drop them in the aisles, cut and face up alone. Worse part is no one can help you when you’re struggling, you get given 4 aisles to do alone if done on time get given more work, the management is very BAD, they don’t appreciate the hard work of cod workers, unfairness. The workplace culture too much gossip, and no English is spoken on floor which is a must, the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different kinds of people you work with who become good friends, when we have to stay back we don’t get paid extra, the pay is bad.. you either get the right pay or most of the time underpaid.

Pros

Meet good workers

Same role

Fun, nice people

Loved my experience there. would go back if needed. Lovely staff and very easy some days but some days are obviously going to be harder than others. 8/10 experience

Cons

long hours some days when busy / up to 12 hours
Same location

Productive and fun workplace

You really feel supported being a part of this team. The customers are usually friendly and you start to recognise the locals. Breaks were regular and there were always a large variety of lunch options to either buy in store, or walk up to the staff room and be treated to donuts, coffee and chips, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • Productive and fun workplace
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?