Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

This job meet a need

28 April 2014
The work was hard, physically and at times emotionally.
I learned to get my head down and just get the job done.

I also learned that hard work isn't always recognised or appreciated, and that poor management and culture lead to poor working conditions.

For the most part my co-workers were great to work with, and our friendships were what got us all through the night. However, poor management and culture inevitably lead to the emergence of less than ideal personalities and practices.

The hardest thing was working an environment that had poor management and an atmosphere of duress and negativity.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers and helping them with their shopping.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor management
19 September 2018
Same role
Good staff repetitive easy work and nice pay. Break times were fair and work was easy to get into just be fast as soon as you get into the job because the supervisor wants you to finish things as fast as you can so that by 6.30 the store will be ready for customers.
Pros
Nice Pay, Good working environment, Easy work
Cons
Boring and Repetetive
7 May 2018
I really enjoy my job and I believe I am very good at it. I run a tight team and I always strive to complete any tasks given. I believe that I have great team skills and leadership skills.
18 November 2019
A good family/ team environment to work in.
My store was very supportive when family matters came up, or sickness.

A fun team to work with as well.

Hardest part of job was a lack of staff even after endless attempts were made to area management.

Some staff were put under enormous pressure resulting with them having to leave.

Staff were employed to do a couple of tasks but would be expected to carry out up to 5 in one day.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.