Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

tough, hardworking but enjoyable workplace

3 January 2018
My experience at Countdown Pukekohe South has been both enjoyable and very tough. Nearly every day i have to do overtime as there is so much to do in my shift and i have do it by myself. Management is OK. I get on with them pretty well and as long as I do what needs to be done they're happy. The workplace in the bakery at Countdown Pukekohe South is alright. We have good days and bad days at work but we get the job done. The hardest part of the job is trying to do the huge work load we have in our hours as we all want to go home but we all know we need to get the job done. The best part of the job is when we learn from the management that we beat the budget for the week and the year before because it tells us that for all the problems we have we are still doing a good job.
27 May 2020
Same role
Baker/customerservice (Former Employee) - te atatu
i am grateful and thankful for the opportunity i receive to work learn and grow in my career at countdown.i would recommend young people to work for countdown to learn the culture and enviornment.
4 January 2019
Same role
Baker (Former Employee) - Auckland
It’s all depends on managment . If manager is greedy wanna make commission Then good luck guys . To much politics . Salary is kind of ok but to much stress n no body appreciate ur work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Politics
17 March 2018
Same location
Checkout operator, Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) - Pukekohe, Auckland
Countdown supermarket was a great place to work. Obviously a lot of people interaction which I enjoy. I worked in many areas of the supermarket but mainly customer service an checkouts.
Pros
Meeting people. Helping people
Cons
None that I can really think of
  1. tough, hardworking but enjoyable workplace