Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Countdown NZ Supermarkets reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Understaffed & Overworked

I work in the deli & there is not enough staff to get through the required work load - making it impossible to do your job to an acceptable standard without having to skip breaks, start early or finish late (all without pay). This is because it is "not in the budget" to have the amount of rostered shifts & staff that we need. It is very common to have to work down a person, do double shifts & work on your days off, because if someone is sick or on annual leave there is no staff to cover them. If you don't help out the department manager will be expected to work all the extra shifts, without ever having a day off - & they already have to work excessively long days because even when everyone is there we are understaffed & the work has to get done somehow. Several deli managers from stores in the area have quit due to burn out. It seems to be the same story no matter which department you work in, & staff morale is low. People are exhausted & have had enough. This used to be a great company to work for, but not anymore.

Pros

Slightly higher pay rate than other supermarkets

Cons

Not enough staff & staff fatigue

Same role

Easy

Lovely staff easy to talk to with everyone. Morning shift not as busy but some days could be. Self packing check the expire dates and check if nothing is broken.

Pros

Nothing free

Cons

Easy hours
Same role

Good if your desperate for a job, otherwise I wouldn't recommend.

Good staff to work with, friendly and helpful. Fairly unorganized company overall, stressful place to work if you like structure and routine. Hours can change from week to week.
Same location

Ok

Good place to work if you like being busy, they pay $1 or so more than me but you work hard for it .Better crew because everyone is in same boat. Chance of advancement low if you don't promote yourself from day one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets