Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Was an interesting experience

5 January 2019
A typical day at work started at 0700 in the Delicatessan and helping start it up from the beginning of the day. I was also one of the workers that was one of the originals who was there the first day it opened. Management was extremely regular and training was sometimes forgotten. I learned a great deal about customer service but found the managerial staff to be lacking in my department. The hardest part of the job was being available due to my migrianes and the most enjoyable part of the job was working my own hours.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
didnt agree with my migraines at the time
26 March 2021
Longlife management (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Started as a alright job but each year just gets harder and harder. With hours being cut regularly your just expected to do more to cover it. They say safety is first but neglect the fact that reducing team makes it harder to remain safe. Polices get changed back and forth all depending on what manager you talk to.
Pros
Some stores put on free lunches everynow and then.
Cons
Expected to work like a slave and give up any free time on there whim.
15 November 2020
Fruit Assistant (Former Employee) - Greymouth, West Coast
I was not properly support in my role at countdown Greymouth.When I had issues with staff not following Managers instructions nothing was done.A lot of pressure put on me to perform at the best and have section looking fabulous. Which is hard when other team members would listen and Managers don't support yoy
Cons
Short staffed
14 November 2020
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Its a nice company to work with. Management is really helpfull and efficient. Work life and personal life balance is good. Company is very focussed on health and safety issues.