Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Would not recommend

19 December 2020
It's difficult to think of something positive about my time here when I was not adequately trained to do the job I was hired to do, and picked on by managers when I struggled to complete the work of three people on my own. Would not recommend
Pros
Free hot cross buns in the staff room
Cons
Poor staff management, toxic work environment
11 April 2019
Same role
Bakery Assistant & packer (Current Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
I am happy working for countdown bakery department. Countdown progressive company gave a good opportunities for working bakery department and learning how to make bread and cakes, muffins and also good customer services as well. Always nice and tidy up for bakery department and shop too. Log on and off on time. Be quickly and also be polite for the stuff and the customers everytime. Listen very carefully when people say to me. I would like to move on Auckland next. Keep working bakery department because I will move to Auckland with my family next month.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Flexible hours
7 December 2016
Same role
Bakery assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) - Blenheim,New Zealand
It was a great supermarket. Friendly bakery boss. Very helpful and I have gained lots of knowledge and skills about baking.
Pros
Nice environment to work.
Cons
Nothing in particular
8 June 2020
Same location
Nightfill Assistant (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
I have worked at Countdown Claudelands for 1 year and 3 months, Overall hands on and fun experience working here. Over the time working at Countdown I have learned multiple on going tasks daily and overall the experience was enjoyable.