Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Loved my experience there. would go back if needed. Lovely staff and very easy some days but some days are obviously going to be harder than others. 8/10 experience
Cons
long hours some days when busy / up to 12 hours
I have worked at Countdown Claudelands for 1 year and 3 months, Overall hands on and fun experience working here. Over the time working at Countdown I have learned multiple on going tasks daily and overall the experience was enjoyable.
Working at Countdown is fun for a first time job or a part time job and especially if your young. It's fun meeting new people everyday standing at the checkouts, you get to see alot of action and alot of fun and cheerful things. The coworkers at Manurewa countdown were so easy to get along with and I would recommend it to any easy going, friendly, bubbly person.
Working as a Nightfill team member, gives you no real or true benefits. Always working under pressure having to stock the whole night and being put under pressure. Don't forget that you also have to break your back pulling a pallet jack with heavy stock sometimes alone halfway across the store during the starting of your shift. No safety equipment required by the company e.g.. safety boots and poor company management referring to this one store. Overall. Underpaid for the amount of work you do especially working nights
Cons
Long hours Sore after shift Underpay
I worked at the airport Countdown through school every Friday, I did not get paid for doing this but got NCEA level 2 credits instead. I worked for a job experience and learned a lot while being there. They have a great cultural workplace and are very friendly with customers. I learned time management as well as staying on my feet throughout the day. A typical day would be really busy stocking new products and throwing out old ones but its part of the job and isn't too bad.
It was fun working at cowntdown supermarket as i was supervisor i really enjoyed working with them good payrates nd my job was really very well over there
Pros
Good payrates
Cons
Stressful
i am grateful and thankful for the opportunity i receive to work learn and grow in my career at countdown.i would recommend young people to work for countdown to learn the culture and enviornment.
very on and off. in this job it is very productive and hard at times but it is a very good first job. it is also a great job to meet new people and make new mates.
the people that are employed there at countdown Hastings are just wonderful, loved working with such energtic and family orientated group of people. Management could be better than other that it was a great place to work.
Good environment and People, very welcoming. Kept me busy and on my feet. Helped out in the bakery, storage room, meat room, and doing general duties,
Fast paced, standing for long periods of time in one spot is hard. Customer/staff interaction is good. Patience and a good sense of humour is definitely needed
You will come across of a lot of upset customers, so as a supervisor I will be their first person to contact. I had no problem with sorting out disputes because I believe I have the patience for it.
Its has been with very mixed emotions that I have had to give up my job due to my move. Not something I wanted to do but had to be done. I had hoped to stay with the company but it doesn't look like that will happen. I have enjoyed my time working with countdown for the past 33yrs. I have meet so many people across my time here and made alot of friends. The last 3yrs have been the best working as a Masterdata specialist.
The most enjoyable thing about working with Countdown is meeting new people from all backgrounds and making life-long friendships with employees from all departments within the supermarket.
Countdown is a good and fair company to work for countdown have a good work environment nice staff members always give good instructions and always give you a fair go
Good bosses , good staff , happy environment , free breakfast provided , free tea and coffee get together at lunch ,milestone celebration with gift and lunch for staff
Tiring and difficult working environment, hard labor. Generally, good people to work with but the overall workload is quite excessive compared to other places of work.
It's wonderful place to work. Every day you learn something different. Always keep calm as some customers can bit handful. Be friendly and helpful to staff and customers.
Really loved working there, it was good that I had a lot of opportunities to work in other departments and didn’t stay at checkouts all the time. I mostly did work the 12:00 and after shifts and always on weekends
Countdown is a fun place to work. If you have the right attitude toward your work mates and customers being top priority, you will do well and go further with whatever you are seeking in job satisfaction.
Pros
One card, staff card discount, part of a team.
Cons
Not enough space in the Gisborne store
An easy going place to work, simple job with clear expectations but unfortunately under staffed so big work load. Paid well but was pushed to do more hours than I wanted to do so we could get the job done