Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

It was a good job but most time there were a lot of things that could have been better. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a really friendly team members to work and get along with.
very secure work place
I used to work with this company . I realised that best and safe to work . Right company for right people .everywhere hard work needs but this company worries abouth you and your comfortablity.
Pros
best company to work with security
Cons
no bad things
Hardest part of the job
The hardest part of the job was time management. Ensuring all daily tasks were done in a timely manner and providing customer, particularly when other members were absent proved challenging at times.
Best boss ever
My typical day at work was overnight refilling perishables department and presenting it ready for the next days trade.
I had an awesome boss he was easy to get along with i would always go above and beyond to help him, My attention to detail was was praised at a high standard.

I always took pride in what i did.
Great working enviroment
I joined Countdown as a Baker, later on, my performance basis i was appointed as a Assistant Bakery Manager.

During the term when Bakery Manager was away, I worked as a Bakery Manager for one year and that involved managing Sales and production, focusing on minimizing Wastage.

I enjoyed Friendly Staff and positive working environment.
Great place as a stepping stone
My days in Countdown are generally busy as it is in the central city. I've learnt a lot about management and have practiced my people skills in my days there. It has been an excellent stepping stone for my career.
productive
I gained most of my work experience from this job dealing and connecting with customers in a fast pace and busy environment. Most of my colleagues were helpful and easy to communicate with which also made work easier. I enjoyed handling money as I like to work with numbers and also meeting and helping customers around the store.
Its one of the place to work
Give you more knowledge about retail.
I have learned to be a team player.

Enjoyable things at work is you meet 1000's of different customers
team
working with in a team helps to keep the moral and team sprits up .A better productive for team and completeing task on time or before helps to keeep cost low and .developing team memebers and training new team mates to the skills of expprienced staff and keeping the momentum going .Having fun at work but still doing the task required for the day to day runining of business .always learning from everyone .A new staff will always have something new that you can learn.different project have same basics so knowing basics helps to drive a better team to complete projects in time
Pros
shared lunch with team
productive and fun workplace
productive and fun workplace. it is good to work to that company.For instance, maybe you — unlike your predecessor — keep a busy office running smoothly, completely revamped the client billing system to ensure bills are now sent out on schedule, resolved an inherited four-month backlog in three weeks, took over troubleshooting the phone system so that the I.T. department didn’t have to do it, and regularly garnered unsolicited praise from callers and visitors to the office for your helpfulness.
Pros
free lunches
Boring
It was good to start off as a first job, but got boring after a while as everyone wasn't to enthusiastic about work. which brought my motivation down. The job was easy, and the management was not good. they lacked motivating skills and also communication.
Pros
2 lunch breaks
Cons
very short hours, pay was not good.
Productive and Fun workplace
I love working in Countdown. I learned alot of experience on this company. I love my co-workers, they help me alot. Hardest part is my roster hours i worked early in the morning with short hours in the office then come back in the afternoon to work in the checkouts. I enjoy being a checkout operator and supervisor.
Great memories of my working life.
I did really enjoyed my job as a baker and checkout operator at Countdown Supermarket in New Zealand. I moved my family in Australia cos I believe the Australian government will give my children the future they deserve. Every day at work was a blast, and every one got on very well, we all had fun and most of all my co-workers were just amazing. It was like my second family, I loved my bosses and missed them very much, I have never known any people who are so understanding when it comes to family. There is no hard or easy day at work, but everyday and every time I spent at work was a blessing. And I am really missing it.
It will be nice if I can get back to this kind of working environment, would someone help me make it possible, So God help me>
Professional environment
This supermarket is very professional job environment like, be on time, leave on time, well dressed, Use proper safety tips. We was in night fill so there was no pressure on us because we have to complete displays, stock reporting and Facing. So i enjoyed this job with my team.
Pros
Keen for Safety
Countdown
Working for this company gave me the opportunity to learn more skills and add to my knowledge base. My co-workers were very supportive but there was no team work with the others that did not want to be around us.
Fun workplace
Rotating and Restocking. Worked in a friendly environment. Able to help customers who could not find a produce or item. Was able to direct work colleagues in the right direction
Pros
loved working at night
Cons
Boss
A place to meet new people
It is nice to meet new people, I have learnt how to interact with people. I have also learnt how to handle money, and how to lift heavier. It is a very organised company. Hardest part of the job is pulling trolleys but only when it is hot outside, other times it is not so bad. My co-workers are friendly and encouraging. I enjoy meeting new people of all different backgrounds.
Typical retail, fun great interactions with people
Sign in, stock shelves, work at the checkout counter, serve everyday people, keep work area clean.
Learned money transactions and till operations.

Co-workers were fun understanding and always willing to help.

Hardest part when it gets busy.

Talking and listening to everyday people.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Highly paid jobs in countdown supermarket is Australian company
As New Zealand is highly paid country thus it is a highly paid job and one can easily satisfy with job in every manner.
Pros
Good discounts available to employers sometimes free pasteries and juice
Cons
More hours you work more money you make.
customer service
I have learned lot of things from this job .It was a big supermarket and most famous in NewZealand.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
Productive and full of fun
Leadership quality

Team Player

Enjoyable

Creative

Works finish under dead lines

Pros
Free lunch on christmas day
Cons
some days long working hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.