Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Christchurch, Canterbury

Christchurch, Canterbury15 reviews
Countdown is a good and fair company to work for countdown have a good work environment nice staff members always give good instructions and always give you a fair go
I am happy working for countdown bakery department. Countdown progressive company gave a good opportunities for working bakery department
and learning how to make bread and cakes, muffins and also good customer services as well. Always nice and tidy up for bakery department and shop too. Log on and off on time. Be quickly and also be polite for the stuff and the customers everytime. Listen very carefully when people say to me.

I would like to move on Auckland next. Keep working bakery department because I will move to Auckland with my family next month.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Flexible hours
For an all day/overnight job, it was fun and great time for communicating. Considering it happens annually, it’s a quick and subtle job. Best done at home around family members.
Pros
Free food when the job is done
Cons
No cons, just laughs
Good hours, usually starting at 9, was workable until i started studying. Was in charge of the alcohol section and freezer dept, made sure the displays were tip top, i'd say working here has made me a better worker
Pros
5% discount card
Cons
sleeping pattern affected
I worked in Ambika engineering after my graduation, it was a nice experience for me. I learned many things like how to work in group and to manage the things also I learned how to work in under pressure.
Structured, productive
Learnt new forms of communication via instore shoppers through to online communicating with customers

Thinking on your feet, problem solving

Knowledge of products

Management supportive

Team environment healthy and productive

Hardest part of job ....for me was when I left to go to Australia

I would still,be working within Countdown Online

Most enjoyable

Team, job satisfaction and opportunities to move up within the structure of the workplace
Pros
Managers support
Produce assistant at countdown is not very well paid but only an entry level job/during school job
It's a good place to work if you want to get into management and boss the workers round pretending you know how to do their job and giving them unrealistic tasks.
Pros
Secure job, not bad money
Cons
Bad management, confusing and excessive systems of doing things
Being part of the team gives me an all round appreciation of how the grocery industry performs.It is a very integral part of our life..I take pride in my work and enjoy job satisfaction
This was my first job, I had a lot of fun at this place. I was a grocery assistant, thus my role involved stocking the shelves. Each shift began and ended with a team meeting in the storeroom.

My colleagues made this job enjoyable but I eventually had to leave because I was only 15/16 at the time and management would constantly extend my shifts from 10pm finish to 11pm which meant I never got home until after midnight on school nights.
Pros
Great team and environment
Cons
Late hours
I was there for a period of nearly nine years and after that time decided to move on and further my skills here in Brisbane along with my wife and two daughters to support me
Pros
Good food at the cafeteria fresh and healthy
Cons
No cons
i happy to work with your company. there management system is very good. all co- workers behavior is very cooperative. i love work here because wages system is very nice. i learned lot of communication skills.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
I really enjoyed working and making new friends and working and making money
Pros
making new friends
Cons
finishing at 12am
I enjoyed working at countdown. Very busy place but still had time for a laugh with other team members plus the management were fair and usually came down to work along side us.
Pros
good group of people
I dont enjoy anything about this job anymore,management arent good at all and as for co-workers well they need a big wake up call.
Cons
no appreciation at all.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.