Countdown NZ Supermarkets logo
Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Hamilton, Waikato

3.6Work–Life Balance

Productive and fun work place

I enjoy working at countdown as it is a fun workplace environment where the people are pleasant to be around, and the benefits are adequate...........

Would not recommend

It's difficult to think of something positive about my time here when I was not adequately trained to do the job I was hired to do, and picked on by managers when I struggled to complete the work of three people on my own. Would not recommend

Pros

Free hot cross buns in the staff room

Cons

Poor staff management, toxic work environment

Poductive workplace

I have worked at Countdown Claudelands for 1 year and 3 months, Overall hands on and fun experience working here. Over the time working at Countdown I have learned multiple on going tasks daily and overall the experience was enjoyable.

fast paced

the most enjoyable part of the job is facing and getting a full face up. the hardest part of the job is filling a isle on your own in under a hour with a big load.

Pros

getting a full face up

Cons

not enough hours

management

issues with fairness and how situations are handled by senior staff. being spoken down to by senior staff as if our job doesnt matter, being asked to do jobs on top of usual work and expected to complete them but wont be paid if we work past contracted hours.

Comfortable Place to Work

Countdown Supermarkets was a comfortable place to work with understanding and helpful management. I learned how to handle cash and engage positively with customers.

Pros

Flexible work hours, understanding of mental health

Good team work

Good place to work as a team member. And also very friendly atmosphere really enjoying those who are passionate...good package for the starters..Really good to get study more about industry.

Pros

Good friendly atmosphere to work

Less than ideal

My manager manipulated people into shifts. I was forced to stop sport because of it. However the pay at 19 an hour was great I had hours to put me through uni

Fun place to work people orientated

Lovely place to work got on well with everyone management team were great supportive encouraged me to my full potential

Pros

Discount cards for staff members

Cons

Short staffed and long hours

okay working environment. people were over bearing but overall it was an okay working experience

I learned a lot from my co workers, very stable and steady minded. some people were quite snobby and overbearingly rude. wage could be better for such a hands on job. enjoyed most days at work. i was always laughing.

Cons

Long hours, ratchet pay.

Productive and Fun enviroment

A typical day at work consists of lots of smiles from co-workers the management. I have learned how to have great communication and Customer service skills, I have learned how to be polite and courteous to customers that have any sort of problem and customers who i cannot authorise sales of tobacco and alcohol to because of the rules and laws around those sales. Management are great but there downfall is not offering extra shifts to the staff who continuously ask for extra hours. The hardest part of the job is definitely the difficult customers who get upset if they cannot find what they are looking for, or the customers that come in with the wrong kind of ID for alcohol and tobacco purchases or the customers who get upset when refused the sale. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely meeting all the different people who come through the supermarket and all the things you learn from the stories they tell you.

Pros

Great Salary

Cons

Not enough hours offered

Steady supportive job

I worked at Countdown supermarket for just over three years. I was a checkout operator. I spent the majority of my shift behind a checkout providing customer service which involved holding conversation with customers as well as scanning, separating and packing grocery items. The store I worked in usually had 3 checkouts open meaning I was quite busy and had to work at a fast pace to ensure customers weren't kept waiting. The hardest part of the job was monitoring and confronting shoplifters. The most enjoyable part of the job was forming relationships with customers and staff members and learning new responsibilities.

Pros

Steady income, reliable job

Produce Assistant,3ic

Customer Service certificate, Team member of the month, food hygiene,product temperature,stock count ,order of produce, general cleaning duties Excellent eye for detail,Fork hoist ,stacking and filling shelfs,Customer focus

Pros

Supply my own lunch

Cons

Short hours

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work for me starts when I put my uniform on and jump on the bus.Walking through the front doors at work and greeting fellow team members and customers with a 'hey or a how's it today' on my way up to the locker room and signing in for my shift.Meeting my shift supervisor, getting information and required tasks done before serving customers.I work with a great team and the hardest part of my job would be to keep my scan rate up to company requirements.The part I enjoy most about my job is... meeting people from all walks of life and delivering a customer service experience that exceeds their expectations.

Pros

the smile on everyone's face whether they be a customer or a co-worker

Cons

having to deal with horrible customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets