Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Lower Hutt, Wellington

Lower Hutt, Wellington9 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Department manager with lack of knowledge . Can't manage putting pressure on team making team stay after 6:30 even after they finish their shift

Lack of experienced people . broken equipment s like. Flatdeck , pallet jack forcing employee s to work using broken equipment s. Force employee s to stay after 6:30 even they finish their grave yard shift. Racism , high favourism

Pros

Harassing managers, no respect

Good people, Fun job

I wasn't too happy with the department I was working in and I found it difficult to switch to another department because there was no one available to take over my position. I found some of the workers to be quite rude at times but the majority were cool. It felt like I was apart of a family.

Pros

Good people, Free food in the break room, Chocolate gifts on Easter.

Cons

Long hours, Heavy lifting.

fun at work

i got to learn how to handle money using cash and eftpos cards. also i got to always meet all new customers, learning all types of products we have in the shop. how to be gentle with few products while packing in the bags.

Pros

staff ndiscounts

Cons

shift hours

easy and fun

I worked in the deli, dealing with the cold foods. I had to fill the cabinets, use the machines to cut and slice the ham and luncheon. I used the oven, i put the chickens in, i wrapped and packaged them. i served the customers with customer service. The most enjoyable part was serving the customers. The hardest part was dealing with the customer complaints. I lest there as it was not enough hours.

Pros

serving the customers

Cons

customer complaints

it is an fun productive place to be around

my review on countdown is that it is an open space to be around. it is a place where most people come and which is great and many opportunities are available there, it is a place where you can meet a lot of people and just be able to feel apart of the environment. but this is what I love about countdown is that they can just be per light and caring.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

medium hours not after 9pm

fun work place

great people to work with good wage co works are a good bunch with ages ranging form 15 up to 60 never a dull day at work some days are easy some days a busy the best part of the job is putting a smile on the customers faces

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

not really any way to progress up the cain

Very good.

I love the work, but over the years it's been getting harder and and less staff to with or to help. Co-workers i've worked with are very polite and loving. Everyday is always a challenge for myself as i run the second biggest department in a supermarket and only me, as for other departments they have 2 or more. The hardest thing is to try and do our daily routines and extra when you only have 9 hours, but i always stay back to try and finish, but it just drains me out, especially if i have to go and pick my daughter etc. I love the people i work along side and our day to day customers even our locals. Always an honor to serve them. Management needs alot of work, but most of them are really good to work with. I've learned alot from this job from the day i started till now and still learning.

Pros

Special events

Cons

very long hours

fun

No two days were the same i enjoyed the serving the customers. the most hardest part was telling people they didnt have enough money to buy there food.

Pros

the pay

Cons

the long hours

Fun workplace

I learnt a lot of the streets and how to get to places faster in Lower Hutt. The hardest part about the job was walking up lots of stair with crates of groceries. The enjoyable part was finding my way around the area as I have originally have come from Kaitaia, Also loved to get to know new friendly people. This job is not a paid job as I am only doing this work for work experience for driving but am now trying to get myself out in the work force. I am doing a course as well which has put me thru my HT so I am currently holding a class 2 license.

Pros

Work experience

Cons

2 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • Lower Hutt, Wellington
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?