Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Lower Hutt, Wellington

Lower Hutt, Wellington8 reviews
Lack of experienced people . broken equipment s like. Flatdeck , pallet jack forcing employee s to work using broken equipment s.
Force employee s to stay after 6:30 even they finish their grave yard shift. Racism , high favourism
Pros
Harassing managers, no respect
Cons
i got to learn how to handle money using cash and eftpos cards. also i got to always meet all new customers, learning all types of products we have in the shop. how to be gentle with few products while packing in the bags.
Pros
staff ndiscounts
Cons
shift hours
I worked in the deli, dealing with the cold foods.
I had to fill the cabinets, use the machines to cut and slice the ham and luncheon.

I used the oven, i put the chickens in, i wrapped and packaged them.

i served the customers with customer service.

The most enjoyable part was serving the customers.

The hardest part was dealing with the customer complaints.

I lest there as it was not enough hours.
Pros
serving the customers
Cons
customer complaints
my review on countdown is that it is an open space to be around. it is a place where most people come and which is great and many opportunities are available there, it is a place where you can meet a lot of people and just be able to feel apart of the environment. but this is what I love about countdown is that they can just be per light and caring.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
medium hours not after 9pm
great people to work with
good wage

co works are a good bunch with ages ranging form 15 up to 60

never a dull day at work some days are easy some days a busy

the best part of the job is putting a smile on the customers faces
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not really any way to progress up the cain
I love the work, but over the years it's been getting harder and and less staff to with or to help.
Co-workers i've worked with are very polite and loving.

Everyday is always a challenge for myself as i run the second biggest department in a supermarket and only me, as for other departments they have 2 or more. The hardest thing is to try and do our daily routines and extra when you only have 9 hours, but i always stay back to try and finish, but it just drains me out, especially if i have to go and pick my daughter etc.

I love the people i work along side and our day to day customers even our locals. Always an honor to serve them.

Management needs alot of work, but most of them are really good to work with.

I've learned alot from this job from the day i started till now and still learning.
Pros
Special events
Cons
very long hours
No two days were the same i enjoyed the serving the customers. the most hardest part was telling people they didnt have enough money to buy there food.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the long hours
I learnt a lot of the streets and how to get to places faster in Lower Hutt. The hardest part about the job was walking up lots of stair with crates of groceries. The enjoyable part was finding my way around the area as I have originally have come from Kaitaia, Also loved to get to know new friendly people. This job is not a paid job as I am only doing this work for work experience for driving but am now trying to get myself out in the work force. I am doing a course as well which has put me thru my HT so I am currently holding a class 2 license.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
2 days a week
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.