Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in New Plymouth, Taranaki

Countdown The Valley
Online Shopping Manager (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki22 April 2018
Work was busy. Plenty of customers to shop for in Online Department. I learnt a lot by how to manage a department of 16-20 people. Management is there but most of them didn't really help as they didn't really know about the department. I knew more.
I enjoyed the people at the store. Hardest part of the job was trying to find workers to help with the busy work load and management not helping
Pros
Discount in store
Cons
Long hours never did my contracted we were too busy
productive, secure and helpful
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki3 February 2018
i enjoyed working here when I was there and only left due the store closing and having first child at the sametime. i wish to re enter the workforce now that my family is older
Pros
secure job and flexibility
Cons
cant think of any
Overall my opinion
deli assistant (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki14 November 2017
Countdown the valley was my very first experience in the work force. My personal opinion was that it wasnt a very friendly place to work, everyone was so judgmental, my work mates were never very nice or polite towards me. The only thing that put me off working there was the people. Hours were ok and pay was good, other than that I found a lot of the people who worked there very unfriendly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The people that worked there
Amazing workplace, Fun and kind community
Nightfill Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Vogletown20 August 2017
Countdown, Vogletown,
This supermarket is an amazing environment for all ages and anybody with low work experience.
They have an exceptional community that is both fun and hard working.
Pros
Holiday Benefits
Cons
Over Time work
productive and fun workplace
Night fill (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki26 September 2016
Awesome place to work friendly staff. I learned to be quick at putting things on shelves. I learned an eye for detail. My co workers were ok they were younger thsn me. The hardest part of the job was time management and stress levels. The most enjoyable part was going to work each night.
Pros
discounts
it fun to work with
Countdown (Former Employee) –  Spotswood, New Plymouth4 March 2015
It ok as hard as life is working at nights as hard to sleep in part of the day and work weekends of Saturdays and Sundays as I miss out friends as friends work days. it ok to work with people as it is stress to get the work done as also doing fork lift driving to under load the truck
It was fun place to work, we had alot of laughs and the customers joined in.
2IC checkout Superviser (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Leach Street10 September 2012
I was always happy with a smile on my face which cheered every one up.
There were many things to learn. e.g new stock comming in, how to use the RFGun there was always something to learn about that. how to do the roasters, also the paper work. How much the customers ment to us in the store.
The managers were really good in helping with any enquirey or problem you had in the store.
co-workers, most of them were excellent to work with they all helped each other. I really enjoyed working with them.
The hardest part of the job was telling my co-workers what to do and there were somethings that I couldnt get the hang off, like the ordering of the stock on the RFGun.
When I was filling the stock and serving on checkouts.
Pros
was having a job, and interacting with other people.
Cons
heavy lifting, and tem members that werent happy in there jobs