Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in New Plymouth, Taranaki

New Plymouth, Taranaki8 reviews
I most enjoyed my co workers as they were very helpful and I can confidently say at the end of the day I’m left feelings more positive than I did coming in.
Work was busy. Plenty of customers to shop for in Online Department. I learnt a lot by how to manage a department of 16-20 people. Management is there but most of them didn't really help as they didn't really know about the department. I knew more.
I enjoyed the people at the store. Hardest part of the job was trying to find workers to help with the busy work load and management not helping
Pros
Discount in store
Cons
Long hours never did my contracted we were too busy
i enjoyed working here when I was there and only left due the store closing and having first child at the sametime. i wish to re enter the workforce now that my family is older
Pros
secure job and flexibility
Cons
cant think of any
Countdown the valley was my very first experience in the work force. My personal opinion was that it wasnt a very friendly place to work, everyone was so judgmental, my work mates were never very nice or polite towards me. The only thing that put me off working there was the people. Hours were ok and pay was good, other than that I found a lot of the people who worked there very unfriendly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The people that worked there
Countdown, Vogletown,
This supermarket is an amazing environment for all ages and anybody with low work experience.

They have an exceptional community that is both fun and hard working.
Pros
Holiday Benefits
Cons
Over Time work
Awesome place to work friendly staff. I learned to be quick at putting things on shelves. I learned an eye for detail. My co workers were ok they were younger thsn me. The hardest part of the job was time management and stress levels. The most enjoyable part was going to work each night.
Pros
discounts
Cons
It ok as hard as life is working at nights as hard to sleep in part of the day and work weekends of Saturdays and Sundays as I miss out friends as friends work days. it ok to work with people as it is stress to get the work done as also doing fork lift driving to under load the truck
I was always happy with a smile on my face which cheered every one up.
There were many things to learn. e.g new stock comming in, how to use the RFGun there was always something to learn about that. how to do the roasters, also the paper work. How much the customers ment to us in the store.

The managers were really good in helping with any enquirey or problem you had in the store.

co-workers, most of them were excellent to work with they all helped each other. I really enjoyed working with them.

The hardest part of the job was telling my co-workers what to do and there were somethings that I couldnt get the hang off, like the ordering of the stock on the RFGun.

When I was filling the stock and serving on checkouts.
Pros
was having a job, and interacting with other people.
Cons
heavy lifting, and tem members that werent happy in there jobs
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Countdown NZ Supermarkets?