Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Northcote, Auckland

Northcote, Auckland2 reviews
Everyday was a learning experience, had worked in chill department and later on moved to sea food.
enjoyed my time in northcote countdown.

but i loved the time i spent in johnsonville countdown it was my most memorable experience.
The task as a checkout supervisor in Countdown, I'm responsibility to run the shift with minimum of 4 staffs and 12 staffs the max. I am responsibility of make sure all the staffs are provide great customer service to customers. When there is any mistake of price or any other issue of the products, it is my job to make sure give customer the correct products, and any refunds with refund policy. It is also my responsibility to authorized the sales of alcohol to customer.

From this position, I have learned how to deal with different kind of customers with different way. I have become more independent when some difficult customer. There is always customers that had intoxicated or without their ID and trying to purchase alcohol. When I refused to sell alcohol to them, some of customers will abuse with offense language, or physical. And I have learned to manage to deal with them with professional and polite way. I also have learned how to finish my task in efficient way, sometime, I had tried have short staffs working during the peak hours, and I always manage to deal with the peak hours with short staff with most customers are satisfy with the service.

The most enjoyable part of the job is I'm able to work with the team with fun and team work. My co-workers always willing to help when I needed them, we always helping each others. Also, I'm enjoy the moment with regular customers, it just made me feel like im belong the company, and that place.
Pros
5% staff discount with any purchase except cigarette and also dicksmiith, christmas lunch
Cons
hard to control while is peak hours