Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Rangiora, Canterbury

A good/fun store to work in.

A good family/ team environment to work in. My store was very supportive when family matters came up, or sickness. A fun team to work with as well. Hardest part of job was a lack of staff even after endless attempts were made to area management. Some staff were put under enormous pressure resulting with them having to leave. Staff were employed to do a couple of tasks but would be expected to carry out up to 5 in one day.

friendly place to work in.

There was no typical day working at a supermarket. Everyday started at a different time. I learned how to deal with people who were difficult to serve and had no idea how to treat the operator who was serving them. The management of the company I suppose was fine as I don't have anywhere else in a similar position to compare them with. All the staff were friendly towards each other and we got on well. I suppose the most difficult part of the job was determining the age of the younger customers who were buying alcohol and tobacco. The most enjoyable part would be talking and serving customers who we got to know and treated us with respect.

Pros

5% discount on our groceries with the occasional day at 10%

Cons

On feet all day and low wages.

This job meet a need

The work was hard, physically and at times emotionally. I learned to get my head down and just get the job done. I also learned that hard work isn't always recognised or appreciated, and that poor management and culture lead to poor working conditions. For the most part my co-workers were great to work with, and our friendships were what got us all through the night. However, poor management and culture inevitably lead to the emergence of less than ideal personalities and practices. The hardest thing was working an environment that had poor management and an atmosphere of duress and negativity. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers and helping them with their shopping.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Poor management

Jobs at Countdown NZ Supermarkets