Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Rangiora, Canterbury

3.6Pay & Benefits
3.5Job Security & Advancement
friendly place to work in.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Rangiora, Canterbury4 March 2017
There was no typical day working at a supermarket. Everyday started at a different time. I learned how to deal with people who were difficult to serve and had no idea how to treat the operator who was serving them. The management of the company I suppose was fine as I don't have anywhere else in a similar position to compare them with. All the staff were friendly towards each other and we got on well. I suppose the most difficult part of the job was determining the age of the younger customers who were buying alcohol and tobacco. The most enjoyable part would be talking and serving customers who we got to know and treated us with respect.
Pros
5% discount on our groceries with the occasional day at 10%
Cons
On feet all day and low wages.
This job meet a need
Night Fill (Former Employee) –  Rangiora28 April 2014
The work was hard, physically and at times emotionally.
I learned to get my head down and just get the job done.
I also learned that hard work isn't always recognised or appreciated, and that poor management and culture lead to poor working conditions.
For the most part my co-workers were great to work with, and our friendships were what got us all through the night. However, poor management and culture inevitably lead to the emergence of less than ideal personalities and practices.
The hardest thing was working an environment that had poor management and an atmosphere of duress and negativity.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers and helping them with their shopping.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor management