Countdown NZ Supermarkets logo
Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty

3.6Work–Life Balance

productive but dramatic workplace

A typical day at work is usually pretty busy, overworking and usually in a rush as management refuses to hire new checkout staff for our constantly growing countdown. The problem with my job is it often gets me down due to so much unnecessary drama and gossip that goes around.

Pros

often free food upstairs

Cons

understaffed

Stressful

Started as a alright job but each year just gets harder and harder. With hours being cut regularly your just expected to do more to cover it. They say safety is first but neglect the fact that reducing team makes it harder to remain safe. Polices get changed back and forth all depending on what manager you talk to.

Pros

Some stores put on free lunches everynow and then.

Cons

Expected to work like a slave and give up any free time on there whim.

Good Place to shop

Countdown Greerton has a warm and welcoming vibe. I shop there because the staff is friendly and it's easy to find my way around the store. I enjoy shopping here because it is convenient for where i live

great bosses great team

i enjoyed working here. i would enjoy working a similar role or one in a similar environment,. any critisism that might be said is the frequency of staff having to cover shifts for one another on short or no notice.

Pros

staff discount, friendly team

Cons

hours were disadvantageous

Overly worked for low income

This job is underpayed and not looked at enough, the amount of work that needs to be done under a deadline does not add up to the amount that you should of been payed, a lot of the time we only had 3 people to work the whole shop and management still required us to finish the load and to face up as well with vigorous loads, I don't know if this comes down to poor management or just pure laziness but this is a huge roll that needs to be recognised.

Pros

Can't say any

Cons

Not payed enough for the amount of work done

Countdown

I would like to work in countdown pack stacking shelves for part time work I think its a good job soon nitefill or during the day its good company u get to meet nice people.

busy work place

most days were serving customers, cleaning and preparing food. Was only working part time so was only 4 hours 3 times a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets