Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty6 reviews
A typical day at work is usually pretty busy, overworking and usually in a rush as management refuses to hire new checkout staff for our constantly growing countdown. The problem with my job is it often gets me down due to so much unnecessary drama and gossip that goes around.
Pros
often free food upstairs
Cons
understaffed
Countdown Greerton has a warm and welcoming vibe. I shop there because the staff is friendly and it's easy to find my way around the store. I enjoy shopping here because it is convenient for where i live
i enjoyed working here. i would enjoy working a similar role or one in a similar environment,. any critisism that might be said is the frequency of staff having to cover shifts for one another on short or no notice.
Pros
staff discount, friendly team
Cons
hours were disadvantageous
This job is underpayed and not looked at enough, the amount of work that needs to be done under a deadline does not add up to the amount that you should of been payed, a lot of the time we only had 3 people to work the whole shop and management still required us to finish the load and to face up as well with vigorous loads, I don't know if this comes down to poor management or just pure laziness but this is a huge roll that needs to be recognised.
Pros
Can't say any
Cons
Not payed enough for the amount of work done
I would like to work in countdown pack stacking shelves for part time work I think its a good job soon nitefill or during the day its good company u get to meet nice people.
Cons
most days were serving customers, cleaning and preparing food. Was only working part time so was only 4 hours 3 times a week