Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Baker

Baker8 reviews
New Zealand8 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

great learning experience

i am grateful and thankful for the opportunity i receive to work learn and grow in my career at countdown.i would recommend young people to work for countdown to learn the culture and enviornment.

All depends on managment

It’s all depends on managment . If manager is greedy wanna make commission Then good luck guys . To much politics . Salary is kind of ok but to much stress n no body appreciate ur work

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Politics

Energizing, productive

Countdown was fun and gave me alot of experience within the woolworths range. Helped provide income on a weekly basis, the environment was productive and energizing to work in.

Good team work

Good place to work as a team member. And also very friendly atmosphere really enjoying those who are passionate...good package for the starters..Really good to get study more about industry.

Pros

Good friendly atmosphere to work

Cons

tough, hardworking but enjoyable workplace

My experience at Countdown Pukekohe South has been both enjoyable and very tough. Nearly every day i have to do overtime as there is so much to do in my shift and i have do it by myself. Management is OK. I get on with them pretty well and as long as I do what needs to be done they're happy. The workplace in the bakery at Countdown Pukekohe South is alright. We have good days and bad days at work but we get the job done. The hardest part of the job is trying to do the huge work load we have in our hours as we all want to go home but we all know we need to get the job done. The best part of the job is when we learn from the management that we beat the budget for the week and the year before because it tells us that for all the problems we have we are still doing a good job.

Cons

Easy place to get started in friendly environment

Would recommend this place to work to anyone willing to learn, staff are friendly management is good its a good supermarket to work for good attitude.

Pros

Celebrate long service members with free lunch, team incentives

Cons

Fun place to work people orientated

Lovely place to work got on well with everyone management team were great supportive encouraged me to my full potential

Pros

Discount cards for staff members

Cons

Short staffed and long hours

Productive and Creative

My work place is quite a challenging work place. There's something new to do everyday. And my work is of a Bakery Supervisor, it includes performance both physically and mentally and i love keeping myself busy, so thats a really good way of me to do so. I have got a wonderful and hard working team working under me. And the most enjoyable part of the job is the thing I am very passionate about i.e Baking both breads n patisserie.

Pros

Very Creative and Challenging

Cons

Cant foresee Future Career Growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets
  • Baker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?