Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative11 reviews
New Zealand11 reviews
In my own experience working for Countdown there is a bullying nature that starts from management and works its way down. If you are not seen as one of the clique then there is no advancement for you especially if that was promised. Those promises are a way to keep you there and never fulfilling your own personal goals.
A day's work contained support from the team members throughout the whole store, especially during peak hours.
As a checkout operator, checkouts is a prioritised department during peak hours and every time we were overwhelmed with customers we were backed up by most of the store employees. The management team did what they can and ensure that we were working in the most efficient way while make sure we were fine to work. Overall Countdown provided experience that would be essential for future work.
Pros
Lovely team work
Cons
Shift times were unclear sometimes
It was really good for me since it was my first job and they provide us good training and work experience. People are so friendly and helpful when I struggle or lost.
Pros
Get discount when you do your shopping
Cons
40 hours / week
Good workplace great food based environment. Work based section has some faults but team work is needed to succeed to let the company move forward with better references.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Workers constantly being pressured to come to work without enough off days
really enjoyed was sad when I had to give it up The cost of day care and my husband hours getting cut made it not worth the travelling cost. I was paying more out than what I earned
Pros
happy place
Cons
was happy
I loved my job at Countdown Super Market,I get to meet new people everyday, I do customer service and filling shelves and I worked at the Deli Service as well. I work really well with others and work as a team.
Countdown used to be a fun place to work but over the years with staff shortages there is a lot more pressure and stress involved.

There are too many employed in upper management level and not enough staff at the core working level.
Pros
Most staff are friendly, everyone trying their best always
Cons
long hours, heavy lifing, short-staffed, lack of training, unrealistic timeframes to complete tasks
It's an ok place if you don't mind middle management taking their frustrations on anyone below them.
Being denied of entitled breaks. Stand over tactics
Skills Acquired:

Time Management

Working under pressure

Team Work

Customer Service

Inventory Management

Communication
Pros
Get to work in several departments
Cons
Not relevant to my field
I have learned lot of things from this job .It was a big supermarket and most famous in NewZealand.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
In all employment undertaken I have acheived a high standard of outcomes, whether that is working as a supervisor or crew member. One of the most challenging tasks I have faced was during my employment with CCS, this involved advocating for more vulnerable members of the community ensuring they receive all entitlments from services, at times I would have to push boundries but not breach them. I discovered that there is alot of flexibilty in the NZ social development and health systems if you are willing to speak up, this was a very rewarding postion holistically.
Pros
Meeting new people and absorbing skills that others were willing to share
Cons
A mentally fast paced postion, that requires the recognition of personal down time, that sometimes would sneek up on you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.