Countdown NZ Supermarkets

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

always busy, and taking care of our customers
Deli assistant (Current Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury28 April 2018
The deli is always busy.
making sure to clean up everything as it causes sickness to the workplace environment.
hardest past of the job is to make sure that u use the right techique to pull out hot chicken from oven as it can cause danger, and hazard. I really enjoy the people i wok with, and the customers
Pros
always have somthing to do
Cons
certain areas of the job can be very hygenic
Too clicky for me
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Putaruru, Waikato13 March 2018
I wouldn't recommend for any body to wok in a small town store franchise. Being new in the workplace is hard enough, let alone in a town where everybody knows everybody and is talking bad behind backs. I found that a lot of the time there was two to five different sets of rules for certain people and you feel almost shunned. I will say no more
Pros
good pay
Cons
inconsistant
Awesome job
DELI ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, nz22 February 2018
Always enjoyed my team and the costumers, never felt like i was clocking into work even on stress full days because the work was consistent and everyone helped everyone
Pros
People, friends and well organised work
working in a supermarket
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riccarton, Canterbury20 November 2017
Was an enjoyable place to work, especially because of the people there. One of the few downsides was the repetition of the work and often unreasonable requests from higher up. Overall, was a nice place to work while studying.
Would recommend if you are desperate
Deli assistant and bakery bread packer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland19 November 2017
They will take advantage if you let them - i am rostered on for 28 hours a week but sometimes work 60 hours as they constantly want me to cover and will guilt me into doing it and try to force me by saying no one else can work and if i say no they get annoyed at me.

One of the departments i work in everyone is so catty both to me and each other, it's worse than high school and it is a horrible environment to be in. The other department is a lot nicer and i have friends there.

Pay is good and it is easy to pick up and drop hours if your circumstance changes.
Overall my opinion
deli assistant (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki14 November 2017
Countdown the valley was my very first experience in the work force. My personal opinion was that it wasnt a very friendly place to work, everyone was so judgmental, my work mates were never very nice or polite towards me. The only thing that put me off working there was the people. Hours were ok and pay was good, other than that I found a lot of the people who worked there very unfriendly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The people that worked there
Countdown Dunedin Central - good productive busy, place
Deli assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago5 October 2017
It is a good busy place to be working in. Meet lots of different people especially in cruise ship season. Always something to do, good environment to be in
fun work place
Deli assistant (Former Employee) –  Mt Maunganui, Bay of Plenty18 September 2017
> always a challenge
> learnt something new everyday
> enjoyed working with a friendly team

most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customer an making a high standard for the department
positive or negative feedback black board was helpful
Deli assistant/Meat supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Waikato District, Waikato31 August 2017
Always challenging and rewarding meeting new people, I learnt a lot of new things for example gap scans, temperatures, meat caps, printing out gap scans on the computer, and a new way of the running in the deli.
Management were very helpful and mostly friendly.
The workplace was multi-cultural and fun.
The hardest part of the job for me was the cold freezer, and the enjoyable part was the cool staff.
Pros
now and then free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
great place to work
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Taranaki12 November 2016
I enjoyed every moment working here. Was sad to leave. It was a great place to work, a very friendly enviroment with amazing people. Good, fair bosses
Worst job experience
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui25 October 2016
Awful work environment. Really loved my job, but then a new manager came in and my feelings changed. Gossip galore and the most ridiculous management, not only in my department but throughout the store. Went to my superiors with issues and was constantly let down and swept under the rug. So glad that I've been given the opportunity to get out. So disappointed with the way I was treated working here. Would not recommend to ANYONE.
Pros
Pay was more than minimum
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect for workers
Worst job
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellington7 March 2016
It's the worst job I've done in my life, it's non-stop, there's always something to do. Managmemt is usually down hill in most stores. Gossip is high. Some stores sell old products that shouldn't be sold. I don't see how it can be fun. It's non stop cleaning, re stocking and serving. Not such a good pay rate, i don't think this job is worth $18 an hour let alone $15.69. Thumbs down for me.
Pros
Break time
Cons
Always get called in though I'm not a casual, Get pressure from manager, too much gossip, not great.
Was ok.
Levin Delicatessen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Countdown takanini19 January 2015
I found it to be a busy place to work at and always on the go. However I felt that some of the staff members handled things poorly when I was going through a grief of a close family member.
very good company to work for
Service Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, N8 August 2013
serving the customers filling the food cases deep cleaning the fridges
cooking the chickens wrapping them having out on time checking that they are not going to run out

how important it is to check food dates making sure myself and work area is clean at all times

got on well with management

got on well still keep in touch

deep cleaning the fridges

being in work force to be my self to be happy and helping the customers
Pros
a great team to work with
Cons
hours for my son
Average Place to work at
Service deli (Former Employee) –  Nelson30 May 2012
Early Start and standing for long periods of time
I learnt to work with stock and preparing fresh food
Pros
good money
Cons
bad c.o staff