Countdown NZ Supermarkets logo
Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Assistant

3.6Work–Life Balance

Good if your desperate for a job, otherwise I wouldn't recommend.

Good staff to work with, friendly and helpful. Fairly unorganized company overall, stressful place to work if you like structure and routine. Hours can change from week to week.

Easy

Lovely staff easy to talk to with everyone. Morning shift not as busy but some days could be. Self packing check the expire dates and check if nothing is broken.

Pros

Nothing free

Cons

Easy hours

Workplace

My duty includes to fill the load in my own department and keep the department tidy at all times. Do the face up of the products at all times. Stag the products nicely in the relevant cages.

Pros

free food for team

Cons

short shifts per day

Understaffed & Overworked

I work in the deli & there is not enough staff to get through the required work load - making it impossible to do your job to an acceptable standard without having to skip breaks, start early or finish late (all without pay). This is because it is "not in the budget" to have the amount of rostered shifts & staff that we need. It is very common to have to work down a person, do double shifts & work on your days off, because if someone is sick or on annual leave there is no staff to cover them. If you don't help out the department manager will be expected to work all the extra shifts, without ever having a day off - & they already have to work excessively long days because even when everyone is there we are understaffed & the work has to get done somehow. Several deli managers from stores in the area have quit due to burn out. It seems to be the same story no matter which department you work in, & staff morale is low. People are exhausted & have had enough. This used to be a great company to work for, but not anymore.

Pros

Slightly higher pay rate than other supermarkets

Cons

Not enough staff & staff fatigue

It was fun to work in northcote

Everyday was a learning experience, had worked in chill department and later on moved to sea food. enjoyed my time in northcote countdown. but i loved the time i spent in johnsonville countdown it was my most memorable experience.

It is a really best platform for learning something and i'm enjoying my work

I always want to be bright future in this company. The main reason behind my enjoyment is the management of company and i'm learning new things every single day. All staff members of my store are very friendly and helpful.

Lovely place to work - Family/Team environment!

Wonderful place to work - would recommend it to anyone looking for a job. Good pay, wonderful co-workers, excellent chance to develop skills in retail!

Pros

Team lunches, celebrations and exhortation

Cons

Casual work - not always enough shifts

busy work place

most days were serving customers, cleaning and preparing food. Was only working part time so was only 4 hours 3 times a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets