Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Assistant in Dunedin, Otago

Food and Beverage Assistant1 review
Dunedin, Otago1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Understaffed & Overworked
I work in the deli & there is not enough staff to get through the required work load - making it impossible to do your job to an acceptable standard without having to skip breaks, start early or finish late (all without pay). This is because it is "not in the budget" to have the amount of rostered shifts & staff that we need.
It is very common to have to work down a person, do double shifts & work on your days off, because if someone is sick or on annual leave there is no staff to cover them. If you don't help out the department manager will be expected to work all the extra shifts, without ever having a day off - & they already have to work excessively long days because even when everyone is there we are understaffed & the work has to get done somehow. Several deli managers from stores in the area have quit due to burn out.

It seems to be the same story no matter which department you work in, & staff morale is low. People are exhausted & have had enough.

This used to be a great company to work for, but not anymore.
Pros
Slightly higher pay rate than other supermarkets
Cons
Not enough staff & staff fatigue