Countdown NZ Supermarkets logo
Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Manager

3.6Work–Life Balance

Stressful

Started as a alright job but each year just gets harder and harder. With hours being cut regularly your just expected to do more to cover it. They say safety is first but neglect the fact that reducing team makes it harder to remain safe. Polices get changed back and forth all depending on what manager you talk to.

Pros

Some stores put on free lunches everynow and then.

Cons

Expected to work like a slave and give up any free time on there whim.

good fun and learn lots

it's good fun and enjoyable work place and all manger are supportive as i was fresh in this department and still i run this department very smooth and achieved all sale and health and safety target

good work place

It was fun working at greenlane countdown despite working late hours I found it a good environment to work in as all the staff were cooperative, and I had no trouble keeping up with my daily tasks.

Pros

alot less customers since it was nightshift

Cons

Long Hours

Very good.

I love the work, but over the years it's been getting harder and and less staff to with or to help. Co-workers i've worked with are very polite and loving. Everyday is always a challenge for myself as i run the second biggest department in a supermarket and only me, as for other departments they have 2 or more. The hardest thing is to try and do our daily routines and extra when you only have 9 hours, but i always stay back to try and finish, but it just drains me out, especially if i have to go and pick my daughter etc. I love the people i work along side and our day to day customers even our locals. Always an honor to serve them. Management needs alot of work, but most of them are really good to work with. I've learned alot from this job from the day i started till now and still learning.

Pros

Special events

Cons

very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets