Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Operator

3.6Work–Life Balance

Fun and enjoying work place

Being a Check out Operator - there were many perks, all your co-workers were around the same age. This made the environment a fun and enjoyable experience. the management team were lovely, they would always give us feedback form in order for them to improve and would always offer to help if we needed. I was checkout operator of the year five months in a row, this boosted my confidence in this job immensely and encouraged myself to carry on. - the only reason I left is that I had to leave in order to go to university in Dunedin

Pros

good company

Friendly working environment

Friendly working environment Great customer interaction Did not use any of my skills and found it not to satisfy my need to work in a area where I could use my skills

Pros

Informal environment

Cons

no challanges

fun at work

i got to learn how to handle money using cash and eftpos cards. also i got to always meet all new customers, learning all types of products we have in the shop. how to be gentle with few products while packing in the bags.

Pros

staff ndiscounts

Cons

shift hours

There's never nothing to do.

Communication, preparing in advance, great customer skills, quick thinking, great eye contact, a beautiful smile are all key factors to a great day. Keeps management of your backside:). The working environment is diverse and flexible if you have potential to advance, take the oppotunity presented. The hardest part of the day is disgruntal, angry customers, remembering eye contact and empathy, not saying sorry but saying it in form of Empathy and trying not to swear because your honest. Some Managers were on real power trips/ very amusing while, others were good teachers but all passionate about their jobs, at the end of their day they got their work done. From start to fiinish was always enjoyable, there was never a dole moment.

Pros

5% Discount on your groceries

Cons

Standing long hours and disgruntal customers.

Fun work place and thorough Management

What I learnt was great customers service skills this has helped me build some extra skills for my C.v. Hardest part of the job is repetitive of trolleys duty.

Productive and fun workplace

Happy to work overtime and long hours,and I'm a lovely person gun work place with supportive management not all about the numbers but house you personally grow and develop . decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected of a big company.the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them the office started to get crowded as the company grew.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I loved working here lost of friendly staff and everyone helped one another.

I believed working at Countdown in Mt Wellington as a checkout operator was a blessing because I got to learn new skills in serving customers especial those who comes with negative attitudes due to being drunk or stress from work and so forth. Over all, it was a friendly place to work.

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work for me starts when I put my uniform on and jump on the bus.Walking through the front doors at work and greeting fellow team members and customers with a 'hey or a how's it today' on my way up to the locker room and signing in for my shift.Meeting my shift supervisor, getting information and required tasks done before serving customers.I work with a great team and the hardest part of my job would be to keep my scan rate up to company requirements.The part I enjoy most about my job is... meeting people from all walks of life and delivering a customer service experience that exceeds their expectations.

Pros

the smile on everyone's face whether they be a customer or a co-worker

Cons

having to deal with horrible customers

Jobs at Countdown NZ Supermarkets