Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Stocking Associate17 reviews
New Zealand17 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Stable Job

Easy work, the people I worked with were awesome. I worked Nightfill stacking shelves once the store closed so didn't really have anything to do with customers

Pros

discount on shopping

Cons

at times understaffed

Fun but stressful

The people/ team definitely make the workplace a lot morebearable. The pay is good enough to meet current living cost but could be more especially for nightf-fill team (seeing as we work odd hours).My issue is with management. There is no appreciation of what is done during the night by the night staff. You can definitely progress to the top but you wouldn't want to in this company unless you have a strong mindset and you don't want to have a social life.Its a great place to get started but then I would recommend just doing your contracted hours. You give them an inch they take a mile. Very high expectations with very little training. You get thrown into the deep end and you are expected to learn fast on your feet so then you can work more hours so to avoid hiring more people.

Family work place

Countdown can be a place where when you’re working it becomes like a family environment. Everyone’s nice to each other, helps each other etc. i didn’t have a good experience before but looking back the people I was working with and bump into when I do my shopping are those who make the workplace a place that’s worth coming to work in. Just a bundle of positive energy from certain people.

Boring and long

Started working there in 2020 and it was fun for a while but now it’s boring and we all have to work in the same ale at a time when there’s about 4-5 people working including the flat deck with the stuff on it, there’s not enough room.

Pros

can be alright some nights

Cons

a very long 3-4 hours

Good

Good service excellent team they are very helpful with Costomer service the workers they smile all the time and so friendly It’s easy for me to go shopping it’s close to my place l just walk 5 minutes to the shop. Countdown they have a good products

Pros

Costomer

Cons

Costomer

Good teammates

The team and the management was amazing. It is a fun place to work, everybody was very helpful. The work is fast -paced so need to learn to be fast as soon as possible.

Poductive workplace

I have worked at Countdown Claudelands for 1 year and 3 months, Overall hands on and fun experience working here. Over the time working at Countdown I have learned multiple on going tasks daily and overall the experience was enjoyable.

Coutdown Papakura

Working as a Nightfill team member, gives you no real or true benefits. Always working under pressure having to stock the whole night and being put under pressure. Don't forget that you also have to break your back pulling a pallet jack with heavy stock sometimes alone halfway across the store during the starting of your shift. No safety equipment required by the company e.g.. safety boots and poor company management referring to this one store. Overall. Underpaid for the amount of work you do especially working nights

Cons

Long hours Sore after shift Underpay

I worked at the airport Countdown through school every Friday, I did not get paid for doing this but got NCEA level 2 credits instead. I worked for a job experience and learned a lot while being there. They have a great cultural workplace and are very friendly with customers. I learned time management as well as staying on my feet throughout the day. A typical day would be really busy stocking new products and throwing out old ones but its part of the job and isn't too bad.

Fast paced

Good hours, usually starting at 9, was workable until i started studying. Was in charge of the alcohol section and freezer dept, made sure the displays were tip top, i'd say working here has made me a better worker

Pros

5% discount card

Cons

sleeping pattern affected

Horrible workplace. Unprofessional management.

Horrible supervisors. Main management blows complaints under the table and acts as though nothing has happened. Very racist working environment. Supervisors make the work place a horrible environment and are extremely useless when I comes to taking up responsibility. Extremely lazy. Management is horrible. Several complaints have been made about a specific supervisor and the main boss says he knew nothing about it. The work environment is split into different cultures by the supervisor and make it an extremely uncomfortable workplace. Would not advise anyone to work as a Longlife assistant. I have left due to the horrible experience working there.

Pros

Some staff were supportive (1 person)

Cons

Unprofessional Supervisors managements, Horrible experience. Very racist working environment ( by supervisors/ management.)

Fun and Ideal

This job was very ideal for me i am a bit overwhelmed at time and i was not too good at english at the time, but the people in the night fill team made me feel welcome and made it easy for me to do what what was needed to be done.

Overly worked for low income

This job is underpayed and not looked at enough, the amount of work that needs to be done under a deadline does not add up to the amount that you should of been payed, a lot of the time we only had 3 people to work the whole shop and management still required us to finish the load and to face up as well with vigorous loads, I don't know if this comes down to poor management or just pure laziness but this is a huge roll that needs to be recognised.

Pros

Can't say any

Cons

Not payed enough for the amount of work done

Amazing workplace, Fun and kind community

Countdown, Vogletown, This supermarket is an amazing environment for all ages and anybody with low work experience. They have an exceptional community that is both fun and hard working.

Pros

Holiday Benefits

Cons

Over Time work

Productive and time management

Work as a nightfill normally starts with unpacking the allocated stock for the duration of 8 hour shifts . This is done on a one on one basis Stocks are face and store is to excellent standards Work is long and uneventful at night with heavy lifting involve

Pros

Income opportunity

Cons

Long quiet hours with monotone work

productive and fun workplace

Countdown is the best supermarket in newzealand. It gives employ to no. Of students. It extends the experiance of people in work and countdown provide a lot of facilities to every workers. It gives new dress to workers and provide sufficient time for lunch.

Pros

free lunch

good environment to work

friendly team that works together. working some long hours almost double the shift of the day and night which is not good for the health and the safety of the workers. but enjoy working with co-workers which are care and look after each other

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Countdown NZ Supermarkets