Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Stocking Associate10 reviews
New Zealand10 reviews
I worked at the airport Countdown through school every Friday, I did not get paid for doing this but got NCEA level 2 credits instead. I worked for a job experience and learned a lot while being there. They have a great cultural workplace and are very friendly with customers. I learned time management as well as staying on my feet throughout the day. A typical day would be really busy stocking new products and throwing out old ones but its part of the job and isn't too bad.
I have worked at Countdown Claudelands for 1 year and 3 months, Overall hands on and fun experience working here. Over the time working at Countdown I have learned multiple on going tasks daily and overall the experience was enjoyable.
Good hours, usually starting at 9, was workable until i started studying. Was in charge of the alcohol section and freezer dept, made sure the displays were tip top, i'd say working here has made me a better worker
Pros
5% discount card
Cons
sleeping pattern affected
Horrible supervisors. Main management blows complaints under the table and acts as though nothing has happened. Very racist working environment. Supervisors make the work place a horrible environment and are extremely useless when I comes to taking up responsibility. Extremely lazy. Management is horrible. Several complaints have been made about a specific supervisor and the main boss says he knew nothing about it. The work environment is split into different cultures by the supervisor and make it an extremely uncomfortable workplace. Would not advise anyone to work as a Longlife assistant. I have left due to the horrible experience working there.
Pros
Some staff were supportive (1 person)
Cons
Unprofessional Supervisors managements, Horrible experience. Very racist working environment ( by supervisors/ management.)
This job was very ideal for me i am a bit overwhelmed at time and i was not too good at english at the time, but the people in the night fill team made me feel welcome and made it easy for me to do what what was needed to be done.
This job is underpayed and not looked at enough, the amount of work that needs to be done under a deadline does not add up to the amount that you should of been payed, a lot of the time we only had 3 people to work the whole shop and management still required us to finish the load and to face up as well with vigorous loads, I don't know if this comes down to poor management or just pure laziness but this is a huge roll that needs to be recognised.
Pros
Can't say any
Cons
Not payed enough for the amount of work done
Countdown, Vogletown,
This supermarket is an amazing environment for all ages and anybody with low work experience.

They have an exceptional community that is both fun and hard working.
Pros
Holiday Benefits
Cons
Over Time work
Work as a nightfill normally starts with unpacking the allocated stock for the duration of 8 hour shifts .
This is done on a one on one basis

Stocks are face and store is to excellent standards

Work is long and uneventful at night with heavy lifting involve
Pros
Income opportunity
Cons
Long quiet hours with monotone work
Countdown is the best supermarket in newzealand. It gives employ to no. Of students. It extends the experiance of people in work and countdown provide a lot of facilities to every workers. It gives new dress to workers and provide sufficient time for lunch.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
friendly team that works together. working some long hours almost double the shift of the day and night which is not good for the health and the safety of the workers. but enjoy working with co-workers which are care and look after each other
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Countdown NZ Supermarkets?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.