Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Countdown as Progressive group of companies, are very fair and trustful organizations. You will enjoy your day to day task and life balance . Dont hesitate your self to apply any role over here.
Pros
Free coffee or tea available
Cons
Depending on you normal hours or overtime
When I first started I would just go into the store and start restocking shelves. After time I was given a position as storeperson. Check all Inward goods, unload trucks. Load trolleys for workers to restock shelves. There was some heavy lifting but I didn't mind. Check temperatures in Chiller and Freezer rooms in storeroom. Help stock shelves in store. I learned how to use an RF scanner became computer illiterate, also gained my F Endorsed forklift licence. The hardest part of the job was when I first started I had a problem with heights but overcame this in time. The most enjoyable was interacting with customers.
Pros
Interacting with customers.
Cons
A small amount of heavy lifting.
No help is given to those who ask for it and those who work hard are not appreciated. I always felt ignored and like I was just another number and not a employee.
Being part of the team gives me an all round appreciation of how the grocery industry performs.It is a very integral part of our life..I take pride in my work and enjoy job satisfaction
good team work, nice work environment and wages, best supermarket and staff discount. learned all work about store room, other workers are friendly.
was a good workplace until i had my daughter and when i went back to work it seemed that i wasnt as welcome as i was with the night staff
Cons
no advancement unless you go 150% which is not possible for a parent