Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Culture reviews

i am grateful and thankful for the opportunity i receive to work learn and grow in my career at countdown.i would recommend young people to work for countdown to learn the culture and enviornment.
I was not properly support in my role at countdown Greymouth.When I had issues with staff not following Managers instructions nothing was done.A lot of pressure put on me to perform at the best and have section looking fabulous. Which is hard when other team members would listen and Managers don't support yoy
Cons
Short staffed
A great place to work met alot of great people co-workers & customers. Had I not have moved I'd still have been apart of the team if I got the choice to work there again I would.
Pros
Staff discounts.
very on and off. in this job it is very productive and hard at times but it is a very good first job. it is also a great job to meet new people and make new mates.
the people that are employed there at countdown Hastings are just wonderful, loved working with such energtic and family orientated group of people. Management could be better than other that it was a great place to work.
Countdown is a fun place to work. If you have the right attitude toward your work mates and customers being top priority, you will do well and go further with whatever you are seeking in job satisfaction.
Pros
One card, staff card discount, part of a team.
Cons
Not enough space in the Gisborne store
Working in Countdown Supermarket in Nelson impressed me to deal with customer first priorities focus, highly attention to Health and safety issue and value of culture. and then abide by company policies.
I enjoy working at countdown as it is a fun workplace environment where the people are pleasant to be around, and the benefits are adequate...........
As a student, was a great part time job, that was accessible, and also both challenging and carefree. Staff are friendly and do their best to make it an enjoyable environment.
Countdown Warkworth was the worst place I have ever worked at. Toxic culture created by the management including subtle encourage of bullying by the store manager.
It was a good job but most time there were a lot of things that could have been better. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a really friendly team members to work and get along with.
A good family/ team environment to work in. My store was very supportive when family matters came up, or sickness. A fun team to work with as well. Hardest part of job was a lack of staff even after endless attempts were made to area management. Some staff were put under enormous pressure resulting with them having to leave. Staff were employed to do a couple of tasks but would be expected to carry out up to 5 in one day.
Friendly nature and I have to improve my skills .it s a busiest store but good culture and environment .people very friendly and help full person.they giving me good suggestion and good knowledge. That's useful for my future
The time spent working with Countdown was a really cool experience, getting the hang of the work wasn't hard at all, and the staff were very supportive and helpful with everything.
since I have been working at countdown I have learned a lot about customer service and have managed to create and have conversations with strangers easier than before. The hardest part of the job is when all the customers come into shop and there is not enough people on checkout but we manage to get through it professionally. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to meet new people and be able to make peoples day by talking to them and seeing how they are.
It fun workplace you meet new team member or customer if your working in day shift job but sometimes management skill pretty low not enough staff to cover the shift and it hard for manager and team member to finish the job on time.What i have learned over past 4 yrs it that do best as you can to finish the job. sometime when i was supervisor for night-fill always prepare and think of plan when i start work and every plan worked
Great place to work if you're wanting to climb the ladder. Great leadership and training programs. Fair wage, good team environment. Team discount of 5% plus bonus places where we can use our team discount such as VTNZ, gyms, discounts on life insurance etc.
Pros
Fair wage, staff discounts
Cons
The staff are nice and friendly. Multi cultured environment. On a typical day at work i start at 9am and get on with my tasks, greet and interact with customers through the day. I have learned a lot more about retail business, the products they sell and some of the laws that applies to the company and the consumers. I enjoy interacting with people the most and the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers goes mental when they are shopping.
Pros
Free hot drinks and breakfast (cereals), smoko area is tidy
Countdown is a great place to start off the working life. The staff and management team are all super friendly and easy to get along with. They gave lots of opportunities to try different departments.
Pros
Salary
Cons
some days were longer than others
I most enjoyed my co workers as they were very helpful and I can confidently say at the end of the day I’m left feelings more positive than I did coming in.
A typical day at work started at 0700 in the Delicatessan and helping start it up from the beginning of the day. I was also one of the workers that was one of the originals who was there the first day it opened. Management was extremely regular and training was sometimes forgotten. I learned a great deal about customer service but found the managerial staff to be lacking in my department. The hardest part of the job was being available due to my migrianes and the most enjoyable part of the job was working my own hours.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
didnt agree with my migraines at the time