Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Work

21 June 2019
You have to push yourself forward but if you have Department Managers that only believe in themselves you wont get anywhere. It depends on each Store, if your lucky to get a Store Manager who encourages his/her team to excel then your in a good Store. If your in a Store that the Manager that has already chosen his specific team then your stuffed UNLESS you fight it and go over his head
Wsge wise, very good but make sure you get paid for your value and check every week

There will be drama at all stores, you have to choose to ignore it or be among it
Pros
Good wage. Can meet long life friends. In the right store awesome encouragement
Cons
Drama, Self absorbed Dept Managers, gossip, hours can be weird
28 August 2016
Same role
Duty Manager,chilled food manager (Current Employee) - Auckland, Mangere East (9486)
I been working with countdown for passed 10years now and I have learn so much things as I been opportunity with this company..it's great place to work with a great management and team...I have seen my career with countdown ahead.I have delpoe new skill in me...Hardworking always pays up with respect and regiosnes towards you..give me more opportunity to make Decision on my own for the shop...
Pros
our values, our principles, our love toward customer, every cents counts, productive, areas a.
Cons
Long hours are been paid and thankyou is giving with respect to you
29 November 2015
Same roleSame location
Duty Manager (Current Employee) - Auckland
Give you more knowledge about retail.
I have learned to be a team player.

Enjoyable things at work is you meet 1000's of different customers
7 June 2020
Same location
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Working at Countdown is fun for a first time job or a part time job and especially if your young. It's fun meeting new people everyday standing at the checkouts, you get to see alot of action and alot of fun and cheerful things. The coworkers at Manurewa countdown were so easy to get along with and I would recommend it to any easy going, friendly, bubbly person.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.