Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Review

Nice company, bad management

10 May 2017
It's a good place to work if you want to get into management and boss the workers round pretending you know how to do their job and giving them unrealistic tasks.
Pros
Secure job, not bad money
Cons
Bad management, confusing and excessive systems of doing things
18 March 2020
Nightfill (Current Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
Countdown is a good and fair company to work for countdown have a good work environment nice staff members always give good instructions and always give you a fair go
11 April 2019
Bakery Assistant & packer (Current Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
I am happy working for countdown bakery department. Countdown progressive company gave a good opportunities for working bakery department
and learning how to make bread and cakes, muffins and also good customer services as well. Always nice and tidy up for bakery department and shop too. Log on and off on time. Be quickly and also be polite for the stuff and the customers everytime. Listen very carefully when people say to me.

I would like to move on Auckland next. Keep working bakery department because I will move to Auckland with my family next month.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Flexible hours
18 May 2018
Packager (Former Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
For an all day/overnight job, it was fun and great time for communicating. Considering it happens annually, it’s a quick and subtle job. Best done at home around family members.
Pros
Free food when the job is done
Cons
No cons, just laughs