Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews

New Zealand301 reviews
Leilablackler
Countdown is a good and fair company to work for countdown have a good work environment nice staff members always give good instructions and always give you a fair go
Countdown porirua..
New town was the best but I got a transfer to porirua and sorry to say this store is run by a storemanager who lies and is a bully .. bad people go
Pros
Free fruit for nite fill
Cons
Bad management back stabbing team members who like back side licking!
welcoming
most people were accepting of diversity, friendly environment . i learned punctuation in a working enviornment. majority of the mangement were professional , empathetic of young workers.
Pros
fab pay
Cons
didnt consider workers with study and extra circular at times
mechanical
I worked in Ambika engineering after my graduation, it was a nice experience for me. I learned many things like how to work in group and to manage the things also I learned how to work in under pressure.
focused and determined
I have learnt a lot since starting work at countdown such as time managing skills, team work, and handling customer needs to my full ability.The best part of the job is being able to surround myself around a good group of people that are willing to work to the best of their ability and being able to rely on the other members of the countdown nightfill team to get our set tasks done on time.
Friendly and Productive Workplace
Countdown Supermarkets was an amazing place to work, staff were friendly and always willing to help each other. The work hours were at times long, but with a good team, duties were always carried out efficiently and with a smile. Customer care was a primary priority, and in my time there I learnt many skills such as communication and time management. Every staff member at Countdown Supermarkets worked well and to the best of their capabilities which meant the work duties were never tedious.
Productive, fun workolace
Structured, productive
Learnt new forms of communication via instore shoppers through to online communicating with customers

Thinking on your feet, problem solving

Knowledge of products

Management supportive

Team environment healthy and productive

Hardest part of job ....for me was when I left to go to Australia

I would still,be working within Countdown Online

Most enjoyable

Team, job satisfaction and opportunities to move up within the structure of the workplace
Pros
Managers support
good people but could be managed bettet
Countdown was a great place to work with a freindly atmosphere at times but very little consideration when it does not affect them coild do with a help even when you dont benefit with it mentality
fun work place
as I had only just finished college as a first job this built up my customer service skills and help me build self confidence and I learnt a lot working here specially with cash handling and supervising
Pros
customer service
Cons
was on minimum wage at the time really struggled
Awesome workplace
A typical day revolved everyday around the customer,cleanliness and ensuring that the customers visit was always a pleasant one.
The hours were great and any issues were always resolved quickly and efficiently
Produce assistant
Produce assistant at countdown is not very well paid but only an entry level job/during school job
Very fun environment
Workplace nd people are amazing. Management isnt that bad but so unorganised everything done last minute. Pay rates less than what we get payed. Customers make your day.
Cons
Less hours
Fast-paced, fun enviroment
A typical day at work??? Where do I start. I worked with a group of ladies who are willing to get our customers order done before our delivery guy comes and takes them. The orders we do has a timeframe or what we call a WINDOW. There is a time for each window and we have to pick them before the lunch window is done. I have learned that no matter how hard you try to work to achieve a better position or a climb up the ladder someone with no experience whatsoever will to just take that away from you. And that is so unfair.

The most hardest part of the job is looking for hours for yourself not enough hours and so many work to do I do not know why?? but it happens

The enjoyable part of working is the people around you, your co-workers, customers. You won't know how they are feeling but if you spark up an conversation then you can see that we all can get along no matter what race, problem, old, young you are.
Pros
knowing new people
Cons
no free lunch (sometimes)
Nice company, bad management
It's a good place to work if you want to get into management and boss the workers round pretending you know how to do their job and giving them unrealistic tasks.
Pros
Secure job, not bad money
Cons
Bad management, confusing and excessive systems of doing things
Great career opportunuties
No such thing as a typical day at work. My role varied from recruitment to performance management to training as well as completion of roles within departments such as daily processes, office and payroll and customer service. Most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers and team. Hardest part is being accountable for the store 24/7.
Boring
My day at work depends on how my mood is, if I'm unhappy i'll most likely have a bad day, if I'm happy I'll have a good day. The hardest part would be dealing with some of the customers i get.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Grumpy customers
career opportunities
In the time I have worked with the company it has been challenging
and rewarding enjoying numerous different opportunties to develope my skills in retail.
great workplace
i love working here gret atomphere and around area and the way all the staff or team memeber work and support and i just want to move in any other city
Pros
good treats
Cons
sometime sort staff
it is interesting and energetic to work with countdown supermarket
working with countdown New Zealand supermarket is quite a new experience for me. working in this dynamic environment would surely provide me an opportunity to explore and enhance my skills and assist me in a brighter career ahead
Pros
dynamic environment, healthy breaks
Cons
Easy place to get started in friendly environment
Would recommend this place to work to anyone willing to learn, staff are friendly management is good its a good supermarket to work for good attitude.
Pros
Celebrate long service members with free lunch, team incentives
Cons
Fun place and youll learn a lot from working there
i have learned a lot and seen growth in myself since Ive been working at Countdown. I went from being the shy quiet girl to a confident person. You learn things everyday which it helps a lot and everyone is always supportive
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.