Countdown NZ Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Countdown NZ Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Good if your desperate for a job, otherwise I wouldn't recommend.
Good staff to work with, friendly and helpful. Fairly unorganized company overall, stressful place to work if you like structure and routine. Hours can change from week to week.
great bosses great team
i enjoyed working here. i would enjoy working a similar role or one in a similar environment,. any critisism that might be said is the frequency of staff having to cover shifts for one another on short or no notice.
Pros
staff discount, friendly team
Cons
hours were disadvantageous
productive, secure and helpful
i enjoyed working here when I was there and only left due the store closing and having first child at the sametime. i wish to re enter the workforce now that my family is older
Pros
secure job and flexibility
Cons
cant think of any
Fast paced
Good hours, usually starting at 9, was workable until i started studying. Was in charge of the alcohol section and freezer dept, made sure the displays were tip top, i'd say working here has made me a better worker
Pros
5% discount card
Cons
sleeping pattern affected
fun
Countdown was my very first proper job i got to work in different departments alongside some real nice people handling cash using machinery customer service.
Good opportunitys to train in supermarkets
Really not applicable here as this supermarket is in New Zealand

I did five part time shifts, enjoyed working as a team, work mates helpful & friendly it was a good atmostphere at work . Management were on the shop floor and very approachable if we had any difficultys (Personal or job related)

Hardest part of the job was when it went very quiet, I think all the staff prefered a busy day & the best part was when it was buzzing with customers as nice to have a friendly chat & your shift flys by too.

I honestly enjoyed supermarket work, it's a busy job at weekends but it really is a great opportunity to study & improve your position if you want to, & you are willing to put in the time
Pros
You had discount on your personal shopping
Cons
Dragging the trolleys in if it was too quiet
Good place to work friendly environment.love to work on day shift full time.
Good place to work.really want to work full time on day shifts in any department. Very plesent environment and friendly staff. Good experience in this few months.
Great workplace
Good workplace great food based environment. Work based section has some faults but team work is needed to succeed to let the company move forward with better references.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Workers constantly being pressured to come to work without enough off days
It was fun to work in northcote
Everyday was a learning experience, had worked in chill department and later on moved to sea food.
enjoyed my time in northcote countdown.

but i loved the time i spent in johnsonville countdown it was my most memorable experience.
very friendly and productive enviroment
Very fun environment to work at. Understanding management with respect to every culture. Online assistant itself is a challenging and fun working atmosphere. It's a great privilege to work under Progressive Distribution.
tough, hardworking but enjoyable workplace
My experience at Countdown Pukekohe South has been both enjoyable and very tough.
Nearly every day i have to do overtime as there is so much to do in my shift and i have do it by myself.

Management is OK. I get on with them pretty well and as long as I do what needs to be done they're happy.

The workplace in the bakery at Countdown Pukekohe South is alright. We have good days and bad days at work but we get the job done.

The hardest part of the job is trying to do the huge work load we have in our hours as we all want to go home but we all know we need to get the job done.

The best part of the job is when we learn from the management that we beat the budget for the week and the year before because it tells us that for all the problems we have we are still doing a good job.
Amazing team members
A typical day at work is steady you'll either get patches of it's really busy or really quiet depending on what sales they currently having.
I've learned a lot on the job.

Management is fair and always listens to what you have to say.

The workplace is good, you can make really good friends from there.
It was Alright
Loved working for a short period of time. Was really difficult to say no to hours when I had to put my studies first. Would hope to get back into working with Countdown again.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Having work over uni
fun and chill
on a typical night, I would log on for the night and make my way to the back storage where I would pick up a pallet of groceries and drop them off to their appointed aisle
Cons
busy during Christmas and new years
It is a really best platform for learning something and i'm enjoying my work
I always want to be bright future in this company.
The main reason behind my enjoyment is the management of company and i'm learning new things every single day.

All staff members of my store are very friendly and helpful.
productive workplace
I learned great cleaning skills such as using a floor polisher and a scrubber etc. The workplace culture was pretty diversed which i liked. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the job done most of all.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
early morning hours
Horrible workplace. Unprofessional management.
Horrible supervisors. Main management blows complaints under the table and acts as though nothing has happened. Very racist working environment. Supervisors make the work place a horrible environment and are extremely useless when I comes to taking up responsibility. Extremely lazy. Management is horrible. Several complaints have been made about a specific supervisor and the main boss says he knew nothing about it. The work environment is split into different cultures by the supervisor and make it an extremely uncomfortable workplace. Would not advise anyone to work as a Longlife assistant. I have left due to the horrible experience working there.
Pros
Some staff were supportive (1 person)
Cons
Unprofessional Supervisors managements, Horrible experience. Very racist working environment ( by supervisors/ management.)
A great place to work but salary was not worth the hard work and long hours I work for, and the amount of staff that I was in charge for.
It was a good company to work for if you're a people's person, the pay is not so good for looking after the department with the most staff in the store. I even worked longer hours and not getting paid for.
Work together as team
I love working together like team members and and learning more experience for future and be happy and keep smile do everyone at work and help for some one want your help i love share with someone if u don’t have lunch and work hard
Pros
Free 🥗
Cons
Work long hour
Fast paced and mostly fun
I loved almost everyday working in this store. It changed so much over the 7 years I worked there. Had many different Store Managers- while they were all very efficient store managers. The best by far, is the current one. Andrew Lethbridge. He runs his team with an open door and open personality. There is nothing you couldn't go to him about. He will always try his best to guide you, support and encourage you to give it your best. He certainly helped me to become who and where I am today.
Pros
All the team are very close and we've all become like family.
Cons
Cutting hours and short staffed
good place to wrok
i was there for three years and i thought i needed a change. so i went to ecostream after woods now im looking for new job that suits me and you wont be disspointed
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countdown NZ Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.