Counties Manukau District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Counties Manukau District Health Board Employee Reviews

New Zealand13 reviews
Working at counties manukau dhb has a great population of need. The demands on clinicians is high; however nurses are not paid enough to reflect the demands. The opportunity to develop through your career is slow progression; people currently in management are not always available go observe the dedicated workers. There is a supportive culture; that is good to embrace; to Improve the health disparities. Thanks.

I believe there is a need for mire pacific and diverse leadership at counties manukau to
Like home, professional relationships. Progressive, inclusive, collaborative. Excellent opportunities for professional development. Progressive in their approach
Counties Manukau District Health Board has provided me a great opportunity to deliver nursing care to diaysis patients from different cultural backgrounds. It is a very humbling experience when patients go home grateful with the kind of service they receive after their dialysis treatments.
Worked at CMDHB for over 10 years, the workers were great, can't fault anyone they all worked tirelessly hard. We were over worked, underpaid and un appreciated.

The management and supervisors/team leaders were lacking in the communication area with each other, aswell as floor staff.

Sadly there is almost zero chance of progressing up the ladder.
Pros
No day is ever the same
Cons
No appreciation from management
Great experience gained as a student with diverse cases and skills required. Have confidence to work anywhere after training here. Majority of work colleagues are friendly and supportive, sharing their knowledge and experience.
Pros
Diversity
Good to their staff. Easy going but productive and efficient. staff cater and look out for one another. Community and family orientated. In touch with a variety of cultures and is inclusive of all people and their differing backgrounds.
Pros
Heaps of food especially during festive seasons
Cons
Rostered shift work
I enjoyed working for Middlemore hosp telephonist, the team was awesome, the management was great, and I enjoyed my job and time there.
Due to family reason I had to leave this job and move to Australia, however if l had not had to leave I can say, that i propably would have retired at this job.
Pros
Awesome team and management
An amazing place to work, the work life culture is so huge with always having the opportunity to meet someone from another culture is amazing.

Always people around to help you out if you are lost.

Friendly staff - co workers and many departments to look into working.
Pros
Amazing place of many people
Cons
Possible paying for carparking at Middlemore
Working for neonatal has been amazing. It is such a great team to be apart of, where everyone is equal. No day is ever the same and can be truly rewarding. I have definitely grown as a person and learnt how to manage my time more efficiently.
Pros
being part of an amazing team
Cons
Shift work
My day can be varied. Some days I am involved in rolling out the McKesson AWM and WSM modules to areas within the hospital. Other days I have scheduled formal training for new users to McKesson ANSOS OneStaff . I have 5 sessions with one group over a period of 5 days each training lasting between 90 minutes and 2 hours. Other days I am problem solving issues encountered by staff using the new modules.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication within the Team
Pros
Staff discounts from external businesses
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of staff
Pretty good place to work.

Busy managing diary and meetings.

Hardest part is people who DNA.

Best part is working with women.
My job was transporting Staff and goods between Manukau Super Clinic and Middlemore Hospital starting at 7 AM and the service finished at 6 PM . A team of four drivers covered the the whole day and run the service on a 30 minute time period where a van left both places on the half hour . This was set up to provide a regular shuttle service for staff and the transfer of important medical products throughout the day and the release of hospital vehicles for more important roles.
We drove between the Hospitals providing safe passage for staff and goods and while the regular driving was sometimes boring the relationships built with staff were a bonus as we become part of their regular days commuting .

The other drivers where reliable and cheerful and Management involvement was minimal as we were all there to do a good job and be good at what we did.

I enjoyed the contact with other Hospital Staff and their professional

attitude to their work under sometimes trying conditions and long hours.

I learn`t how hard the Medical Staff worked had wonderful conversations with people from all over the world.

The job was contracted out to a Bus Company so my I was no longer required .
Pros
clean conditions and friendly staff.
Cons
part time and job contracted out to bus company after a years successful trial.
Love to work with team members. I have learnt so much of Skills Working in Ward as a Healthcare Assistants for two years. The Hardest part of it is learnig is different culture Backgrounds
Pros
share lunches on the ward
Cons
good hours